WC: BUF@HOU

Manny/Patrick

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

We - the fans - do.

BOB - the HC/GM - doesn't.

How was the crowd? You sounded pretty loud...

it was ok at the beginning of the game which is expected since the offense didnt score a single point...it got super loud from the watt sack and rest of the game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Please... no one before tonight even knew there was such common sense rules... if there was such a thing then Desean Jackson play should be ruled a TD instead of a fumble. And the tuck rule play should have been ruled a fumble. These "commone sense" rules didnt apply in the past so why should they apply now.

Is it really that hard to take a knee. Thats all you have to do. KR needs to stop being lazy.

The difference between this play and the D-Jax play? Carter was already in the end zone, Jackson wasn't.

I won't argue the tuck rule because I've always felt that it was an incorrect call.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

it was ok at the beginning of the game which is expected since the offense didnt score a single point...it got super loud from the watt sack and rest of the game.

That Watt sack just changed the entire feel of the game. It was a full force drop, an old JJ hit stick sack...

• Like 1

Yeah, after the game I'm sticking to the "neither of those teams deserved to win that game". That was truly dreadful to watch. Josh Allen was awful when he wasn't playing a Taysom Hill role, and the Texans as a team (besides Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt) did everything conceivably imaginable to try to lose a game that should've been a blowout in the 2nd half.

I mean, how do you NOT convert 3rd and 3 and 4th and 1? How do you just run the ball right up the middle 3 straight times then QB sneak against a good defense and expect that to work? How do you drop 2 GIMME interceptions, one easily a pick six? Just brutal.

And even though Houston won this game, I feel like nobody should have confidence in BoB if they still do. His coaching is just awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, after the game I'm sticking to the "neither of those teams deserved to win that game". That was truly dreadful to watch. Josh Allen was awful when he wasn't playing a Taysom Hill role, and the Texans as a team (besides Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt) did everything conceivably imaginable to try to lose a game that should've been a blowout in the 2nd half.

I mean, how do you NOT convert 3rd and 3 and 4th and 1? How do you just run the ball right up the middle 3 straight times then QB sneak against a good defense and expect that to work? How do you drop 2 GIMME interceptions, one easily a pick six? Just brutal.

And even though Houston won this game, I feel like nobody should have confidence in BoB if they still do. His coaching is just awful.

glad a non texans fan posted this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean Josh Allen accounted for 372 yards... our offense as a whole accounted for 425. And he led a game tieing drive. And what could have been a potential game winning drive if it wasnt for a horrendous penalty on that blindside block. He definitely had his struggles but awful seems a bit harsh. 

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I mean Josh Allen accounted for 372 yards... our offense as a whole accounted for 425. And he led a game tieing drive. And what could have been a potential game winning drive if it wasnt for a horrendous penalty on that blindside block. He definitely had his struggles but awful seems a bit harsh. 

He had some nice throws but he was pretty awful. Should have thrown a pick 6. Should have thrown a game losing pick. Backed his team out of FG range and then took a 20 yard sack. Then did one of the dumbest plays I've seen this year with the lateral. It's really hard to overlook the bad even though there was certainly some good. 

I have no idea why they went away from Singletary in OT and just were content to go 5 wide. 

44 minutes ago, Woz said:

Yes, specific to the QB.

7.2.1(c) = 'when a quarterback immediately drops to his knee (or simulates dropping to his knee) behind the line of scrimmage.'

Right. I'm saying that, if a team lines up in the "QB kneel" formation, the center snaps the ball, the QB stands still for a brief second and tosses the ball to the ref. No kneel. No simulated kneel. What's the call?

14 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Right. I'm saying that, if a team lines up in the "QB kneel" formation, the center snaps the ball, the QB stands still for a brief second and tosses the ball to the ref. No kneel. No simulated kneel. What's the call?

Simple: live ball. For all the refs know, it was a fake victory formation and it was intended as a lateral to the deep back.

Keep in mind that in your case, the defense can attempt to sack the quarterback. It's perhaps dirty (see: Schiano, Greg), but it is technically legal to crash a victory formation to try and force a fumble.

There's a reason that 7.2.1(c) allows for a "simulated" kneeling.

• Like 1

i meant to post here earlier but i got a lil swept up in the titans texans game and some stuff that i had to do... both teams were imperfect sure but that was a brilliant game, and let me say, sean mcdermott is an amazing coach. two out of three years making it to the playoffs with the bills and more than twenty wins when most pundits would’ve said that three straight 4-12 seasons was more likely with the guys they had on offense

i feel for mcdermott because he’s coached brilliantly, and i do believe this buffalo team is a threat for years to come if they can keep this defense together and make mild improvements to their offense... if not for that ridiculous deshaun play in OT slash missing of that sack by the two defenders (completely out of his control) i dare say that there’s more talk about how great a coach he is 

now

question is for the texans, can they not start so slowly against kansas city? because kc isn’t the bills and though their defense is far weaker they’ll be in the hole a lot more than just 16 if they don’t score early and often against the chiefs

also how about jj! few seasons ago there were even some murmurs he should retire, he’s going to never come back, and to just rebound from the surgery like that and to come up with the massive sack that lifted his team is just amazing

Just now, Woz said:

Simple: live ball. For all the refs know, it was a fake victory formation and it was intended as a lateral to the deep back.

Keep in mind that in your case, the defense can attempt to sack the quarterback. It's perhaps dirty (see: Schiano, Greg), but it is technically legal to crash a victory formation to try and force a fumble.

There's a reason that 7.2.1(c) allows for a "simulated" kneeling.

That's exactly my point: it's a live ball. The ref's shouldn't be trying to guess the intention of the player... they should be watching his actions and ruling accordingly. 

The receiver didn't kneel, or simulate a kneel, or waive for a fair catch. He tossed a live ball.