Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

hsfolk

Who wins?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Vikings
    • Saints

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Usually you can tell how Minnesota will play based on Kirk Cousins first pass. If its atrocious (ex GB 2x, Chi, KC) you know New Orleans will win in a laughter.

So with that said:

Saints: 34 

Vikings 10

Embarrassingly true!!

• Like 1

good matchup imo... both teams are well rounded with saints being slightly better across the board and they'll be at home. getting into the matchup a little further shows what the game can come down to.

the saints offense is elite pretty well across the board. they move the ball, sustain drives, turn the ball over LEAST in the league, etc. the one area they aren't elite in and are merely "just" good is getting touchdowns in the red zone. contrast that against the vikings defense who play a classic bend-don't-break style, they generally let opponents sustain drives, eat up clock. etc. except they are elite in two key areas: forcing turnovers (third in the league) and red zone defense (2nd best at preventing touchdowns). if the vikes can successfully shut the saints down in the red zone and force them to kick field goals then it'll go a long way to upsetting the saints. ball security is the real wildcard here as brees gets the ball out quick and doesn't throw picks but the vikings have two ball hawking safeties and good blitzes to throw at brees on the odd occasion they decide to blitz him. the vikings tend to play 2 safeties high against good QBs but given brees' quick time to throw and low aDot i expect the vikings to play one high most of the game. 

i find the other side of the ball a little less compelling of a matchup but the saints have a great run defense and merely an average pass defense. given the vikings lack of success running later in the season it would behoove them to pass the ball more, as much as zimmer pounds the table for more rushing.if the vikes have a run-heavy gameplan i'm sure zimmer will justify it as "keeping the ball away from brees" and stuff like that but it would be a huge mistake. 

really looking forward to this game and i think it'll be a closer game than most people think.

• Like 2

In other news...Antonio Brown is still nuts. Was told to not bring film crew with him ti the Saints facility...did it anyway. Then proceeded to record the Saints locker room. The guy just can’t get out of his own way. I’d be completely shocked if he ever plays football again. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/31/antonio-brown-saints-workout-publicity-stunt-instagram/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

In other news...Antonio Brown is still nuts. Was told to not bring film crew with him ti the Saints facility...did it anyway. Then proceeded to record the Saints locker room. The guy just can’t get out of his own way. I’d be completely shocked if he ever plays football again. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/31/antonio-brown-saints-workout-publicity-stunt-instagram/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

They should have never bothered. Dude is a complete headcase and even sniffing around him brings the party right to your door step. They were stupid to even bring him in for a workout IMO.