BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Are they locked on the roster? Are they free to be moved? Stop being so difficult and start being specific. I don't know what your deal is, but it's childish. 

It's been discussed. Submit your FULL proposals, we'll vote on FULL proposals. 

A couple weeks ago everyone started bringing forth proposals, they outlined them. Now there's a handful of people who either don't remember them, or are trying to mix and match. If you liked different parts of different proposals, then put it all together and we'll vote on it. 

We don't need to be this fragmented. 

And WW to answer your question, no one is in "charge" of the league. That's why the majority has to vote on changes. 

Thata fair jlash, that wasn't a slight toward you or bcb, yall are doing a great job 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

If a contract is modified in any way, it is locked for the year, should obviously apply here as the contract is being modified. 

Yeah i am not in favor of a scenario where the player is not locked imo, unless perhaps an owner is opting to take the cap hit and unchange the player status. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Thata fair jlash, that wasn't a slight toward you or bcb, yall are doing a great job 

We're all trying. I know we're all tired of this, this sucks. But we'll get it figured out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah i am not in favor of a scenario where the player is not locked imo, unless perhaps an owner is opting to take the cap hit and unchange the player status. 

In my proposal where you are taking the cap hit, the player is tradable because you are not modifying the contract.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, Ragnarok said:

@PR @MD4L @Jlash @Counselor @Pickle Rick @The Orca @SirA1 @pheltzbahr @Whicker @WFLukic @wwhickok @bcb1213 @RuskieTitan @TedLavie @Xmad

If you have a proposal you would like to officially put forward for the opt-out, please quote this post with your fully typed out proposal.  

Then we can take the quoted messages and copy-paste them into a new voting thread.

I'll make a new voting thread in about 48 hours to give everyone time.

Go for it bro.

Ik this has essentially been proposed but im going to attempt to put it all into one full proposal here.

Owners can select from 2 Options:

Option A) Opt Out: Opted out player will hold a cap hit value of $350, not count against the rostet limit, be transactionally locked, and contract will toll.

Option B) Opt-In: Owner chooses to take on full cap hit, counts against roster limit, is not transactionally locked, and contract does not toll. 

Edited by wwhickok

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Ik this has essentially been proposed but im going to attempt to put it all into one full proposal here.

Option A) Opt Out: Opted out player will hold a cap hit value of $350, not count against the rostet limit, be transactionally locked, and contract will toll.

Option B) Opt-In: Owner chooses to take on full cap hit, counts against roster limit, is not transactionally locked, and contract does not toll. 

This is essentially my proposal without the 150 part, no?  

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I can ride with this one

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

As an objective observer, this one makes the most sense to me.

Have you all considered the possibility that someone tries to list a player who opted out IRL in their BDL gameday lineup?

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

As an objective observer, this one makes the most sense to me.

Have you all considered the possibility that someone tries to list a player who opted out IRL in their BDL gameday lineup?

We've already voted that opt for players are basically the same as players placed on IR in terms of roster status. Now it's just figuring out the contract part 

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1