Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

28 minutes ago, massraider said:

Me either. I'm not a fan of the Broncos only giving up a 3rd to get one of the top 3 WR.  It's a good move (Raiders fan).

Legit rumors between 15 and 10 making a move a week before draft day seems a bit early to me.  That's the kind of thing we hear evening before the draft. 

My concern: They float this, trying to get the Raiders to make a pre-emptive move up for Ruggs. The Gruden Tyreek quote is everywhere, as well as talk that Mayock had to talk Gruden into not trading up. A smart team might be fishing to see how hot they are for Ruggs.

Something else I just thought of: If Tua really falls, someone might be willing to move heaven and earth to get him as he falls. Would a team really move down a few spot for a 3rd (plus maybe) knowing that it's possible Tua is there and they can get a true haul? 

Well historically under Elway, we don't do a good job of hiding what we're going to do leading up to the draft.

3 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

This is my main issue with him on social media. He spends too much of his time arguing with morons when it's just not worth it. 

Yup, always feels like he has something to prove. He doesn’t. Just keep It moving, his feed gets so cluttered with back and forth nonsense. 

What do y'all think the odds are NE actually moves up in the first to get a QB? We know they usually do the opposite but there's not anyone who thinks they can go into the season with Stidham as their starter, right? Either a draft day trade (Dalton, Carr etc) or trying to snag someone in the first? They have decent draft capital and can afford it

Edited by JTagg7754

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Something seems up, odds on Herbert being the second QB chosen have dropped sharply. And there were those reports, smokescreen or not, about how badly the Dolphins meet-ups went. 

At what point does Tua fall far enough for Bill to pick up the phone?

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

What do y'all think the odds are NE actually moves up in the first to get a QB? We know they usually do the opposite but there's not anyone who thinks they can go into the season with Stidham as their starter, right? Either a draft day trade (Dalton, Carr etc) or trying to snag someone in the first? They have decent draft capital and can afford it

I think Bill looks at his track record with QBs not named Brady, and is like.....Nah, I'm good

8 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I mean, I don't deny it but Stidham? I dunno. You could very well be right and your logic is sound. I just feel this is different

I mean, Stidham was the perfect pick for BB. Remember, he was expected to be a top-10 draft pick and the #2 QB in the 2019 draft once upon a time. He beat Alabama and generally played fantastic football in the 2017 season. In 2018, that Auburn offense was dysfunctional as a whole, but he still had bright moments. There just seemed to be something off with him for most of the 2018 season (though he did get better down the stretch, against the toughest opponents), the offense wasn't super productive, and his passing stats were lackluster. Still, he's a smart QB with a good character, arm talent, accuracy at all levels of the field, and some mobility. You could do a lot worse if you're Bill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, Stidham was the perfect pick for BB. Remember, he was expected to be a top-10 draft pick and the #2 QB in the 2019 draft once upon a time. He beat Alabama and generally played fantastic football in the 2017 season. In 2018, that Auburn offense was dysfunctional as a whole, but he still had bright moments. There just seemed to be something off with him for most of the 2018 season (though he did get better down the stretch, against the toughest opponents), the offense wasn't super productive, and his passing stats were lackluster. Still, he's a smart QB with a good character, arm talent, accuracy at all levels of the field, and some mobility. You could do a lot worse if you're Bill.

You know what? You're right. I forgot about his past and what he once was supposed to be. If we've learned anything about Bill, he can get the best out of any QB. You make very valid points