Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

15 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Another note on Denver: they’ve been linked to Ruggs for a while, but most of that smoke came back in December when Scangarello was the OC. They were desperately trying to find a burner in that offense and at one point tried to trade for Marquise Goodwin.

I hadn't heard this. Makes sense but I am legitimately mad the 49ers didn't trade Goodwin for Sanders + pick swap or something. 

I believe the rumors that Cleveland likes Ezra Cleveland.

Pick #10 will be interesting. Denver, Philly, and Atlanta are all being rumored to want to trade up for that spot. 

Philly wants CeeDee Lamb. Atlanta wants CJ Henderson. Denver wants a WR.

Cleveland has a history of trading down and if they don’t have the LT they like (Andrew Thomas) sitting at 10, they will probably be more than willing to move down.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, N4L said:

I hadn't heard this. Makes sense but I am legitimately mad the 49ers didn't trade Goodwin for Sanders + pick swap or something. 

They were looking to trade for a Beathard + Goodwin package around the time the two teams practiced together in August.

Edit: It might have been Mullens, actually. It was one of the two backups but I don’t remember which one.

Edited by BroncoBruin

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I believe the rumors that Cleveland likes Ezra Cleveland.

I was listening to a podcast the other day, and I really need to remember which it was:

1st draft guy says, "Ezra Cleveland was one of the draft day invitees"

2nd draft guy says, "Really?"

They laugh.

2nd draft guy says, "He's gonna be waiting a looong time"

Now, Ezra Cleveland might suck, but the point is, the NFL is pretty sure he's a top 64 pick.  To be in the draft community and as serious as some of these guys are, and STILL think you have a good idea of how the draft is gonna shake out-especially this year!-amazes me.  

I ignore post-draft grades anyway, but you can REALLY ignore them this year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, massraider said:

I was listening to a podcast the other day, and I really need to remember which it was:

1st draft guy says, "Ezra Cleveland was one of the draft day invitees"

2nd draft guy says, "Really?"

They laugh.

2nd draft guy says, "He's gonna be waiting a looong time"

Now, Ezra Cleveland might suck, but the point is, the NFL is pretty sure he's a top 64 pick.  To be in the draft community and as serious as some of these guys are, and STILL think you have a good idea of how the draft is gonna shake out-especially this year!-amazes me.  

I ignore post-draft grades anyway, but you can REALLY ignore them this year. 

The NFL likes to have basically the entire first round attending plus a handful left over for the Friday night. Does anyone really think Cleveland makes it out of the top 40 picks? 

I have a third round grade on him based on tape but fully expect him to be picked in the 20-35 range.