Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

Just now, Forge said:

Too far. He's basically just a dude. He's a starter, but he's bottom 15 starter. You're talking about a league that employs guys like trubisky, Rosen, Mariota, case keenum, etc. 

Give an elite team around him, he can pilot the ship here as we saw

He's as good as Mariota and Trubisky.  He just has one of the best coaches in the league as his QB coach.  If Mariota was in this system with Shanahan as his head coach for the past 2-3 years, he could do this, too.  Trubisky could, too.  Probably all those guys could.  If Jimmy G was on any of the teams those guys played on this year he would be bad.

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Why did the guy that threw 2 ints win MVP? Just curious because I turned it off after the 2nd quarter?

1 TD Rushing 2 Passing... and bringing them back down 10 ... think its enough no body else had a larger cache towards success I think

• Like 1

If Mahomes is not MVP... who is? Have to give it to someone. Wasn't his best game, but he led them on a GW drive and clearly was their MVP. No stellar performances from anyone else on offense or D, unless you want to talk trench play or delve into non-box score stats, and to that I'd tell you the SB MVP is never awarded based on that.

Trailing by double digits in all 3 playoff games, and winning all 3 playoff game by double digits... I can't imagine we will ever see this again.

• Like 2

If Shanahan deserves criticism it’s for his conservativeness and end of half with 3 timeouts. But even then he’s not guaranteed to score at end there. 

The whole Blowing a 10 point lead is bogus. There was still a good amount of time left in the game and the 49ers were successful in how they mixed things up particularly with play action. Chiefs did a good job knocking the ball down at critical times particularly the drive after they got that interception. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's a tough matchup. The defense they were playing is legit

Yeah the Cover 3 is designed to completely take away the vertical concepts. You’ve got a lot of guys in coverage back there forcing you to throw underneath.

Combine that with pressure from an Elite DL and those long developing routes can’t develop. Forces the QB to make tough throws all night.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If Mahomes is not MVP... who is? Have to give it to someone. Wasn't his best game, but he led them on a GW drive and clearly was their MVP. No stellar performances from anyone else on offense or D, unless you want to talk trench play or delve into non-box score stats, and to that I'd tell you the SB MVP is never awarded based on that.

Trailing by double digits in all 3 playoff games, and winning all 3 playoff game by double digits... I can't imagine we will ever see this again.

Chris Jones or Damien Williams. Heck you could also probably make a cause for Bashaud Breeland, too.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Correct. Drive opened with a run (17 yards). False start, nice ad lib by Bourne on his first. But passes batted down, and then Jimmy just missed that throw. Plain and simple. It should haunt him for his career. It was there, the play shanny called was open. Jimmy bricked it

Right...but it's gonna be tiresome seeing cliche stuff through out the off-season about Kyle being some choker and that he doesn't want to run the ball in crunch time which is just stupid considering he even ran the ball with under 2:30 mins remaining and when the team needed TD. Just 2 big plays...the Hill catch on 3rd & 15 and that overthrow to Sanders.

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

I can’t believe the Shanahan went away from the run up 10 with 7 minutes left in the game. Crazy

He didn't go away from the run...you cannot run the ball on every down unless you are averaging like 6-7 ypc like they did vs Packers.  They still ran the ball in final quarter but only 1 run was successful where they got like 17 yards...other than that, lot of them ended up gaining only short yardage...you have got to pass it at some point when it's still only 1 score game

5 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

1 TD Rushing 2 Passing... and bringing them back down 10 ... think its enough no body else had a larger cache towards success I think

And 1 of the picks was a skip off of Hill's hand.

I would have voted for Williams but its like 51/49. They both deserved it and the QB gets it when its that close.

Namath and Peyton Manning were much worse choices for MVP.

Jimmy G had a fantastic year, and he played pretty well for most of the game.

He got careless under intense pressure for a bad pick and he threw a desperation pick late.

Crush him for missing Sanders if you want, but he's a heck of a QB.

That team is like 23-6 with Jimmy and 4-20 without him. Back off already!

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Chris Jones or Damien Williams. Heck you could also probably make a cause for Bashaud Breeland, too.

Jones was a beast but I don’t think he logged a sack

Will was clutch on short yardage runs. I thought he might get it honestly.