Eli Manning is retiring

August4th

The first 8 years of his career were worthwhile for the Giants. There was nothing really worthwhile after his second Super Bowl win, but I'd easily take 8 years of bad seasons if you give me 8 solid years with 2 ending with Super Bowl victories.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Can't spell elite without eli

tenor.gif?itemid=14630644

LOL. I worked with a guy named Ty who always used that line when he tried to convince me Eli was a real top QB.

I said "you can't spell typhoid without Ty, but that doesn't mean you're spreading disease everywhere." But seriously, Eli had a great career and really distinguished himself from his brother: not nearly as good in the regular season, but more reliable in the playoffs. I wish him the best.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

LOL. I worked with a guy named Ty who always used that line when he tried to convince me Eli was a real top QB.

I said "you can't spell typhoid without Ty, but that doesn't mean you're spreading disease everywhere." But seriously, Eli had a great career and really distinguished himself from his brother: not nearly as good in the regular season, but more reliable in the playoffs. I wish him the best.

I'm Ty.

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

You also can’t spell ‘unathletic’ without Eli

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hukos said:

I've heard that, but I strongly disagree with it. I'd rather have Terrell Davis types in the hall than Eli, because Davis was legitimately an elite RB for a period of time. There's a lot of people in the hall you can tell the story of the NFL without as well. Do we retroactively remove them from the hall? Because if that's the case, remove every non-QB from the Hall of Fame immediately.

"Telling the story of the NFL" is just some boomer-tier take to justify some guy's place. Now, I know Eli will most likely be voted in, but I don't believe he deserves it.

Eli had a nice career. At no point in his career was he one of the best QBs in the NFL. To me, that's an instant disqualifier for the Hall.

You could tell the story of the NFL without Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, etc.? That would be a pretty boring story.

59 minutes ago, struby3 said:

You could tell the story of the NFL without Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, etc.? That would be a pretty boring story.

You absolutely can tell the story of the NFL without Barry Sanders - even with him the Lions weren't doing much. Now, Barry deserves to be in the hall of fame because he was elite and the best RB in football (or close enough, depending on how you feel about Emmitt Smith). The narrative surrounding Barry was irrelevant, he was great and we should celebrate that greatness with his HoF bust. To me, that's what the HoF should be about. This is also why TO being denied the Hall first-ballot because he hurt some HoF voters feelings was a sack of crap.

"Telling the story of the NFL" is what NFL films was made to do, not the Hall of Fame.

Edited by Hukos

10 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Eli Manning has earned more money playing football than anyone else in the history of the league at $ 252.3 million

Considering Sam Bradford made like $150m for doing absolutely nothing this actually kind of sounds like a bargain for the Giants since it came with two SB rings lol