Joe Burrow may force his way out of the Cincinnati Bengals

DigInBoys

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

From what I’ve seen Burrow doesn’t have the ego to make that move. He’s confident, yet humble. He’s genuinely grateful for how things have turned around in his college career, and hasn’t let it go to his head. When he says it’s just an honor to be in the conversation to go #1, I believe him. 

Duke Tobin is the active GM without the official title. From what I can gather he makes the majority of player personnel moves with input from select Brown family members, including - to a smaller extent - Mike. 

As for Taylor, most reasonable Bengal fans are happy with him and don’t put the 2-14 on his shoulders. From a surface perspective, it’s a bad look to drop as many games as we did, but there are a lot of extenuating factors that went into that. Not to mention we lost 7 (?) games by one score. We’re not as bad as our record would indicate. He’ll get his QB in 2020 and continue to turnover and develop the staff/roster. He’ll be fine.

Hope it works out for you guys, hope Taylor evolves past the timidness that all the other guys from that tree seem to have. Burrow seemed so cool under pressure this year. Don’t want to see him get held back from being aggressive and making big plays like Shanny/McVay have done the last couple years. 

Maybe you guys did this, but hopefully Taylor does what Doug did with Wentz year one and just go for it a ton...instill that mindset in the team. Feel like a team like that would compete really well in that division.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

awesome..... hopefully, this ends this stupid thread.

A guy that wants no part of playing in Cincy would sign that? 

I mean... why would he say no? Some random fan shows up with a Burrow jersey and asks for a signature. This changes nothing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Emerica said:

I mean... why would he say no? Some random fan shows up with a Burrow jersey and asks for a signature. This changes nothing.

It has about as much bearing as: Palmer advises Burrow to stay away from Cincy = Burrow is considering pulling an Eli. 

Can’t put weight into one meaningless action and not the other.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:30 PM, Nastradamus said:

It is literally zero percent awkward what the hell are you talking about??

If Miami gave all their treasure trove of picks to throw a rookie quarterback out their with the team they fielded last year... yea it’s going to be awkward. You better hold out for full guarantee for injury. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, MWil23 said:

Cleveland was going to draft Mahomes at #12 assuming he was there, but KC traded up to get him, and as a result, the Browns FO have disagreement with Hue Jackson (because, Browns of course) in that Watson was the #1 player ranked on their board but Hue wanted to get Malik Hooker, so the Browns FO decided to trade back, load up on picks, and get their 2nd ranked overall Safety (Peppers) to pacify Hue and then drafted their QB the next year.

As always:

Hue-Jackson-Foundation.jpg

BTW, his foundation supports efforts to combat human trafficking in Cleveland

(I'm serious)

How did that get past someone in editing?

• Like 3

Let's see if we can take this conjecture to 4 1/2 months.  Surely the media can stretch this Anti-Bengals agenda a while longer. 

In all seriousness, i don't think there's any fire behind this smoke.  The media owns this smoke machine, and Burrow is just staying non-committal so he doesn't end up with egg on his face or turn into a villain like Eli.

Also, i don't really understand how this started, or why this particular year...it's strange.  The owner of the #1 pick is usually pretty bad, and there are certainly other teams in the league that are poorly run that deserved this conjecture.  Not to pick on one particular team, but the first one that comes to mind is the Cleveland Browns in 2018.  Why wasn't there a two month media storm around Baker Mayfield "pushing" him to force his way out of Cleveland?  They've certainly seen much less success recently and overall than any team in the league, yet i don't really remember that being a thing two years ago.

Anyway...draft can't really come fast enough to stop this nonsense. 

4 hours ago, theJ said:

Let's see if we can take this conjecture to 4 1/2 months.  Surely the media can stretch this Anti-Bengals agenda a while longer. 

In all seriousness, i don't think there's any fire behind this smoke.  The media owns this smoke machine, and Burrow is just staying non-committal so he doesn't end up with egg on his face or turn into a villain like Eli.

Also, i don't really understand how this started, or why this particular year...it's strange.  The owner of the #1 pick is usually pretty bad, and there are certainly other teams in the league that are poorly run that deserved this conjecture.  Not to pick on one particular team, but the first one that comes to mind is the Cleveland Browns in 2018.  Why wasn't there a two month media storm around Baker Mayfield "pushing" him to force his way out of Cleveland?  They've certainly seen much less success recently and overall than any team in the league, yet i don't really remember that being a thing two years ago.

Anyway...draft can't really come fast enough to stop this nonsense. 

I think this is different because we are seeing more push for player empowerment in sports. We've seen numerous #1 picks flame out due to joining bad organizations and can really ruin their careeer. As Colin Cowherd says, they own you for 7 years. If you can avoid joining a perennial failure of an organization because it's in the best interests of your career, more people are simpathetic to that today than in the past.

I actually think the Bengals roster is more advantageous than most (Mixon, Green, Boyd), but if a 23year old rookie doesn't want to tie his career to Cincinatti until 30 I really can't blame him. It also lends itself the opportunity of his success being weighed heavier because he would have done it with such a poor franchise. So all in all, I wouldn't begrudge him either way. 

**Cleveland in 2018 was just 1 year removed from a championship in the NBA. LeBron was publicly praising Baker. The fanbase in Cleveland really flocked the Baker's attitude so it seemed like a fit. Cincinatti doesn't have the same "vibe" as Cleveland did a few years ago. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1