2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I am fine with either Peters or Warford but both present different plans for OL.

Peters has no problem to play either T or G as long as he is on the field and plays.  Unfortunately, his injury and age would make it ideal for him as a part time player.  Jets have future OL players on the roster so Peters can rotate all spots but C as long as he is healthy to play.  Problem with this theory is we want OL to work out right immediately.

Warford would be fixed at RG until he becomes incompatible with future blocking scheme.  Limit kids some work but OL should be immediately improved and stayed that way.

Whoever is cheaper will be ours if Jets actually pursue both.

Easy sign both lol,  Becton, peters,  McGovern,  warford, Fant..... not bad

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I really want Warford. I’d happily take Clowney. I’d be very pleased with bringing in Peters. And wouldn’t be against bringing in Ryan.

A few other guys I could be talked into are Apple, Griffin and Golden.

Same here.  Cut Winters and bring in Watford and Ryan.  That would really solidify the offseason for me.

• Like 1

I just can’t see Peters signing anywhere he won’t be the starting LT at this point in his career and his level of play. You can count us out if we plan on moving him to G or RT IMO. That’s why Warford makes so much sense. We can upgrade at RG being Winters isn’t that good. Winters completely curable contract is pretty much the same price Warford wants and it allows GVR to move to LG where he’s better.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I just can’t see Peters signing anywhere he won’t be the starting LT at this point in his career and his level of play. You can count us out if we plan on moving him to G or RT IMO. That’s why Warford makes so much sense. We can upgrade at RG being Winters isn’t that good. Winters completely curable contract is pretty much the same price Warford wants and it allows GVR to move to LG where he’s better.

It makes too much sense. Therefore we won t do it. Winters has been a disappointment ever since he was drafted but yet has somehow become a multi millionaire. 

• Like 1

Of all the potential big name free agents we have been linked too (even in the slightest), I would rank my order of preference

1. Clowney

2. Warford

3. Ryan

4. Peters

Clowney is 1 because talent and also the biggest hole on the roster, Warford 2 because talent and while not a hole, guard on paper could prob upgraded even though i feel good about GVR, Ryan 3 because a versatile piece in the secondary cant hurt, but I think we currently have pretty interesting talent at CB and Peters 4 because its just a bad move imo, besides being a good mentor for Becton.  Imagine the optics of signing a 38 year old injury prone player to replace your 1st fa signing or your 1st round pick before even training camp would have opened.  Its also a bad look for future free agents when they see how Fant was treated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Of all the potential big name free agents we have been linked too (even in the slightest), I would rank my order of preference

1. Clowney

2. Warford

3. Ryan

4. Peters

Clowney is 1 because talent and also the biggest hole on the roster, Warford 2 because talent and while not a hole, guard on paper could prob upgraded even though i feel good about GVR, Ryan 3 because a versatile piece in the secondary cant hurt, but I think we currently have pretty interesting talent at CB and Peters 4 because its just a bad move imo, besides being a good mentor for Becton.  Imagine the optics of signing a 38 year old injury prone player to replace your 1st fa signing or your 1st round pick before even training camp would have opened.  Its also a bad look for future free agents when they see how Fant was treated.

Mine is close. I’d have Warford ahead if Clowney, strictly bc Clowney would be using us to try and get a bigger contract with a better team after 1 year with us. Where Warford I think might even sign a multi year deal wherever he goes

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mine is close. I’d have Warford ahead if Clowney, strictly bc Clowney would be using us to try and get a bigger contract with a better team after 1 year with us. Where Warford I think might even sign a multi year deal wherever he goes

At least we would get one hell of a year from him. 

22 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

1. Clowney

2. Warford

3. Ryan

4. Peters

My list would be the same

Edited by xenajets

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I would find the idea of Clowney at one year MORE appealing. Get him in year, monitvated and healthy. Let him do work for us and build his value. Best case, he plays well and loves it here and signs long term. Worst case, it doesn't work out and he leaves next year and we get a comp pick.

So I was watching a lot of 2018 tape and came to conclusions on some things(*the Pino has been flowing rn)

-Gase needs to play more 2-TE sets, Sam looked so much more comfortable out of those looks in 2018 and feel like we used less of those last years under Gase.

-The loss of. This Herndon was HUGE. Him and Sam had a big connection and with him coming back things should get much easier for him.

-Losing Robby was bigger than some want to admit. Robby, other than Herndon, was Sams go to WR on a lot of stuff. When Sam freelanced Robby seemed to be on the same page as him often.

-Need to incorporate more RBs in the passing game, whether split out or just out of the back field. It seemed like Powell out of the backfield in 2018 was a big safety valve for him which now that we have Bell should be much more of an emphasis.

-Sam needs to improve his footwork.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Count Jets out because of low playoff probability, not being absent from LT.