2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Random tidbit I just listen to from Todd McShay on Darnold (Back in February): 

"In my opinion, Sam Darnold can be one of the elite quarterbacks in the NFL if he gets some protection.... I just think he's special. Darnold has magician like tools inside the pocket and if you just give him something - A little bit more in the run game, something in protection, then the NY Jets can quickly turn this thing around. Sam Darnold has a chance to be one of the three or four best quarterbacks in the NFL."  In reference to Daniel Jones: "He didn't play anywhere close to what Sam Darnold showed on tape if you really study it"

Nice to hear from a guy who you know is actually watching tape, unlike some of these other media clowns and completely uniformed fans. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

"In my opinion, Sam Darnold can be one of the elite quarterbacks in the NFL if he gets some protection.... I just think he's special. Darnold has magician like tools inside the pocket and if you just give him something - A little bit more in the run game, something in protection, then the NY Jets can quickly turn this thing around. Sam Darnold has a chance to be one of the three or four best quarterbacks in the NFL."  In reference to Daniel Jones: "He didn't play anywhere close to what Sam Darnold showed on tape if you really study it"

Nice to hear from a guy who you know is actually watching tape, unlike some of these other media clowns and completely uniformed fans. 

When you really watch Darnold, you see how good he is. His issues clearly are that the Jets are really bad around him. At no point have I felt like hes another Sanchez or Geno Smith.  Sanchez had loaded rosters and was carried and held us back.  Darnold is the bright spot of the offense. 

His upside is to be a elite tier QB. His floor IMO is a good QB.   His numbers were among the worst because he was in the worst situation, there was nothing for him to produce more. He had zero run game, and bad WRs.  

I don't trust Adam Gase either. 

But as a player, I love his upside and I think hes a good kid who will thrive.  Hes nowhere near his prime yet.  This is from me loving him as a college prospect too, just watch him on those USC teams. Almost the same thing, he had a bad OL that hurt him and he made plays out of nowhere. He turned a irrelevant USC team into relevance.  I am a Darnold believer, I think his best football is ahead of him and hes the answer at the QB position, just need to build around him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

In case if anyone doesn't know, Darnold has been working with Jordan Palmer to improve ball velocity and deep throw on both sides (more on right side).  Let's hope he comes to and makes a great leap in the developing process.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

In case if anyone doesn't know, Darnold has been working with Jordan Palmer to improve ball velocity and deep throw on both sides (more on right side).  Let's hope he comes to and makes a great leap in the developing process.

Think he’s been working with him for several years now

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Think he’s been working with him for several years now

Yeah, he is one of Palmer's training clients but off season training is extended (thank to the pandemic) to work on two important elements that are called for immediate improvement.  Basically, he has been working out two off seasons in one off season. No excuse he has plenty time to improve his weaknesses.

Well, that would be extra bonus if 2020 season was washed out. lol.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Seems like he picks out 1 or 2 things to work on every offseason with Palmer. I’m glad he’s focused on his deep ball accuracy. Hitting more of those deep throws will go a long way. 

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah, he is one of Palmer's training clients but off season training is extended (thank to the pandemic) to work on two important elements that are called for immediate improvement.  Basically, he has been working out two off seasons in one off season. No excuse he has plenty time to improve his weaknesses.

Well, that would be extra bonus if 2020 season was washed out. lol.

Ya that’s good and all but he’s also not working with his weapons and OL. He has 2 new starting WRs and Herndon who he hasn’t played with in a whole season. That timing and knowing where to be and what to do, won’t be there over night.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya that’s good and all but he’s also not working with his weapons and OL. He has 2 new starting WRs and Herndon who he hasn’t played with in a whole season. That timing and knowing where to be and what to do, won’t be there over night.

You can't really fault him there. In the midst of the pandemic, people aren't really traveling. His WRs can't really come to California due to the stay at home orders and Sam might not feel comfortable going elsewhere. At least he is able to continue to work with Palmer through this all.

2 hours ago, Jetfan66 said:

You can't really fault him there. In the midst of the pandemic, people aren't really traveling. His WRs can't really come to California due to the stay at home orders and Sam might not feel comfortable going elsewhere. At least he is able to continue to work with Palmer through this all.

Oh im not faulting it blaming him for it. It’s the situation at hand. But it’s still a point. Teams that had success on offense with less moving pieces I expect to be better this season. While we improved... we pretty much have a whole new OL, 2 new starting WRs and a TE who missed a whole season. To think they won’t struggle to get together is very optimistic IMO.

After reading all these rumors started by most of all the media on different players, some of the people on this board are right. There is very little news right now and this media guy are making up stories and it is all BS.