Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

I don't like the trade.  Diggs is one of the best deep threats in The NFL, and still young.  I would have wanted at least a top 10-12 pick, plus a 3rd and 4th Rounder.  But Diggs ruined any chance of that by announcing he wanted out of Minnesota.  Some teammate, eh?  He could have just gone quietly to Zimmer and requested the trade, and let them get decent compensation.  But, maybe he DID, and Zimmer told him to honour his contract?

• Like 3

Just now, Eric dunn said:

Could have told him to suck it up, your under contract for the Minnesota Vikings. Dont wanna play? Then sit out. This isnt the NBA where players have alot of control. 

I mean if you think you are in a championship window (which all of the Vikings moves indicate they are), you don't want to have a rift in the locker room and then have him do things that decrease his value further. I get your point and I definitely think that Diggs would help our championship chances more than anyone we will get at 22, but I completely understand why this move was made. I also think we got solid compensation.

• Like 2

Just now, vikestyle said:

I mean if you think you are in a championship window (which all of the Vikings moves indicate they are), you don't want to have a rift in the locker room and then have him do things that decrease his value further. I get your point and I definitely think that Diggs would help our championship chances more than anyone we will get at 22, but I completely understand why this move was made. I also think we got solid compensation.

I agree, sure Diggs is a fine player but who cares, he does not want to play for this organization so get him the hell out of here I say.  He is not as good as many around here say, he is not some Hall of Fame player or something, he is a borderline Pro Bowler if that.  I say goodbye and thank goodness he is gone.  Sure a rookie will not match his production alone most likely but two solid rookies could easily match his production if not exceed it a little.  

• Like 1

Hate to see Diggs go. Never want to give up a still young promising player for the unknown of draft prospects. However, the antics needed to stop. Saints playoff game while winning and he going off on the sideline is something you can't keep dealing with. The return was solid and if Rick hits on these picks the Vikings will be in a position to compete without Diggs.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I agree, sure Diggs is a fine player but who cares, he does not want to play for this organization so get him the hell out of here I say.  He is not as good as many around here say, he is not some Hall of Fame player or something, he is a borderline Pro Bowler if that.  I say goodbye and thank goodness he is gone.  Sure a rookie will not match his production alone most likely but two solid rookies could easily match his production if not exceed it a little.  

I mean I love Diggs and think he is a legitimate star. However, I don't think our offense utilized him as that and I think he was right to have a gripe about it. I really don't blame him for being upset, and I also don't blame the Vikings for getting him out of here. I hope we nail this draft, and I hope Diggs is great in Buffalo. I don't hold any ill will toward him at all. He is a part of my favorite Vikings moment of all time and I loved watching him play, but it was time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Hate to see Diggs go. Never want to give up a still young promising player for the unknown of draft prospects. However, the antics needed to stop. Saints playoff game while winning and he going off on the sideline is something you can't keep dealing with. The return was solid and if Rick hits on these picks the Vikings will be in a position to compete without Diggs.

Spielman needs to redeem himself. His drafting in the first round just hasn’t been very good. Going back to 2012, what Harrison Smith, Rhodes, and Barr exceeded expectations and were building blocks for this team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You are just wrong here. By many many metrics. Losing your best offensive player for a lottery ticket is a bad move more times than not.

Diggs is a top 5 WR with a QB that refused to throw him the ball.

• Like 2

Just my opinion Diggs and Kirk issues are centered around Thielen. Thielen has always been the primary target for Kirk. Diggs impact and happiness were at it's highest during the Kirk era when Theilen was hurt and Diggs was Kirk go-to guy this season. Run based offense with limited catches + not the primary guy + signing a contract that very obsolete= Angry WR       

• Like 3