BayRaider Mock Draft 3/20/20

BayRaider

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

Small note; Seattle Signed 2 tackles recently, Shell and Ogeduchi replacing Fant / Ifedi to go along with Jamarco Jones. Not sure if OT is in the mix for Seattle 1st anymore. Seattle could still draft a OT (heir apparent to Brown?) but it would probably be in the later rounds. 

Ogbuehi is NEVER a reason to not get an OT.  He couldn't beat out the backups on the Bengals in their worst OL years this century.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Ogbuehi is NEVER a reason to not get an OT.  He couldn't beat out the backups on the Bengals in their worst OL years this century.

Hope dude never sees the field. But Im trying to convey Seattle's FO strategy. Since Solari took over, Seattle has preferred to build the Offensive line through FA (Fluker, Brown, Iupati, Simmons, Sweezy etc) and add prospects in the mid to late rounds (Jones 6th - Haynes 4th).

Edited by animaltested

I don't mind mocks exploring the different scenarios wherein the Chargers don't trade up (or fail to be the ones with the best deal to trade up) to go after Tua, and I do see the logic (and actually agree with it - I'd go Wills over Wirfs, but I think it's 1A to 1B at that point, not worth nitpicking), not sure Telesco will.  But this will be another one tough to figure out because TT just plain doesn't trade back (it's a worthy criticism).  However, if value at a known area of need starts to fall, he has pulled the trigger to trade up in the past, so if Herbert or Love started falling that low, I definitely think he tries to move up (the question is whether he'd put the 2021 1st on the table; because one thing that would be worse than taking Justin Herbert at #6 overall if you don't believe in him - I'm coming around, I just think he's more of a Joe Flacco clone, which could honestly appeal to Lynn - would be trading your future 1st for Justin Herbert in that regard).

With the Rams pick, I know they've brought in Ruiz for a visit, but the necessity to grab the first center off the board is no longer with the team given that Blythe re-upped on a 1-year deal.  Again, I see the sense in it, but I don't think it happens.  More likely, I'd expect Snead (as he's want to do) to get aggressive with his later Day 2 picks and the comp picks in moving up to go after who among Ruiz, Cush, Biadasz (and IMO Muti, but we'll see) takes a bit of a tumble past expected spot they come off the board.  If Uche were there, I'd expect him to be the pick.  Barring a ILB that really fits what the team wants (ILB capable of playing both MIKE and OLB, because even if he's lined up at MIKE, he'll be asked to play both/either depending on how the offense lines up; also Staley has said he wants strong tacklers), Bradley Annae is probably the most logical fit of guys that fit a need, fit who we've visited with, and fit the value you're assigning in your mock (you have him going at the end of the round).

Bay my guy i was even more wrong about LB than i thought i was we literally only have 2 on the entire team  We have zero SLB's starter or depth and only Debo and Foye at MLB and WLB.   We need like 3 or 4 of those guys to even field a team at this point and to me thats now priority number 1 of any other position.  So for future mocks i say look at  Chassion for SLB or  Murray, Queen, and Baun if Chassion is gone.   It's a major problem right now where atleast at CB and DT we do have capable able talented bodies that can play and start with some depth.   LB has NOTHING on the roster chart it's really bad lol.