Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

WTF happened the last 10 or so pages, do I read it all? 

Basically guy says he doesn’t wear a mask in public.  Everyone explains to him why that’s irresponsible and selfish.  Guy doubles down saying he’s the goat social distancer and only breathes lightly through his nose so he’s not a risk to others.  Then somehow Eli Manning came into the discussion.

thats more or less the gist of it.

• Like 6

Just now, CBears019 said:

Basically guy says he doesn’t wear a mask in public.  Everyone explains to him why that’s irresponsible and selfish.  Guy doubles down saying he’s the goat social distanced and only breathes lightly through his nose so he’s not a risk to others.  Then somehow Eli Manning came into the discussion.

Whoops, I probably should have never said anything about my dislike of masks.  The last part makes sense thought with breathing very little and Eli Manning, that I can get on board with. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Maybe we shouldn't open things back up just because.

What I would be more curious to see is have testing rates in FL increased and what is the hospitalization rate?  Is that going up as well?  I hope states don't base their lock downs or easing of on just positive/new cases. 

• Like 1

Will never know if this is COVID related or just a freak situation, and I think I mentioned this back in the early days of this thread but in my area we have been getting more and more "alert" messages about crimes in the area.  And the preface to this is normally the area I live and the few surrounding towns, the most criminal thing that happens is DUI, occasional minor drug charge or a dog without a registration, there is no real crime. 

Since about late April about 2x per week I have been getting alerts about an increase in daytime car burglaries (seems risky given most people are WFH)  and a surge in "accessory structure" break-ins (garages, sheds, basements (would argue this is not accessory)).  I backup to a park which has about 20-25 ft or thick woods separating the yards from the park and last week my neighbor had the backdoor of their garage kicked in (nothing taken) and my outdoor camera last night around 4 am picked up movement along the fence line (could have been anything from animals to wind), weird times and weird targets.  I am not sure what one gains from breaking into a sheds and such, seems awfully inconvenient to try and make off with a lawn mower or some fertilizer.  

Another study indicating the common cold may cause some partial immunity to COVID-19. They seem to think that 40-60% of the population may have developed some type of immunity toward COVID. The study is peer reviewed and published in Cell, which gives it merit according to my a wife who's a scientist. 

It should be taken with a grain of salt atm since they only studied 20 people. That being said, this is something that should be followed closley.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Another study indicating the common cold may cause some partial immunity to COVID-19. They seem to think that 40-60% of the population may have developed some type of immunity toward COVID. The study is peer reviewed and published in Cell, which gives it merit according to my a wife who's a scientist. 

It should be taken with a grain of salt atm since they only studied 20 people. That being said, this is something that should be followed closley.

Maybe would explain why we are starting to see herd immunity type rapid declines in transmission in some places at like 15-20% of the population rather than 80%... if 40-60% already had partial immunity...?

3 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

What I would be more curious to see is have testing rates in FL increased and what is the hospitalization rate?  Is that going up as well?  I hope states don't base their lock downs or easing of on just positive/new cases. 

Well, a fraction of these people will obviously going to the hospital, so if cases rise. . . 

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Huge news you bring the good stuff

• Like 1

On May 20, 2020 at 11:34 AM, vikesfan89 said:

it doesn't pay to go down the government road but you act like controlling governments aren't a thing

You're confusing the US (with its warts and all) with actual authorian government like the Chinese. You would probably never even survive in a place like New Zealand either.

Speaking of which, can the MOL include the Kiwis? @mission27