Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

Why the **** are we still talking about this snake oil? 

It shouldn't even be in the news anymore. It's been like 6 weeks since we have known it doesn't work 

Probably because a very high profile politician is taking it. Dumb but you can’t control people lol. 

24 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm holding out hope that I don't have to postpone my wedding, currently scheduled for mid-September. 

Best wishes to you and yours.
Time is on your side and Sept is a fantastic time to get married
Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blahstoise said:

95% have serious comorbidity.

Figuring that in then the CV-19 mortality rate for the healthy population is less than 20 per 100,000. 

For heart disease and Alzheimer's it is 120.

Stroke is 50.

Cancer of all types is over 300.

Diabetes type 1 is at least 37.

If you want to protect people from CV-19 you need to protect them from those other diseases first.

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Best wishes to you and yours.
Time is on your side and Sept is a fantastic time to get married
Good luck

its a great time to get married other its an inevitability your anniversary will fall on a Sunday during football season lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm holding out hope that I don't have to postpone my wedding, currently scheduled for mid-September. 

People might have to wear masks. But I feel good about your chances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

People might have to wear masks. But I feel good about your chances.

That's how we feel as well, at least right now. The venue reached out to us a few weeks ago, and they seem hopeful and super on top of things. It's very reassuring.

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

its a great time to get married other its an inevitability your anniversary will fall on a Sunday during football season lol

That's why you marry a girl who loves watching football with you :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Figuring that in then the CV-19 mortality rate for the healthy population is less than 20 per 100,000. 

Stroke is 50.

If you want to protect people from CV-19 you need to protect them from those other diseases first.

I mean, sure, healthier people are better, yes.

Heart disease/stroke have huge genetic components, you’re not fixing that aspect.

Cancer?  Sure some cancers can be reduced (lung cancer from smoking is the most obvious), but plenty or cancers have literally nothing to do with lifestyle.

DM1 is not lifestyle based, it’s due to pancreatic dysfunction and is not preventable. Neither is Alzheimer’s.

I’m just saying there are a lot of people walking around with conditions they have no ability to control and aren’t the result of poor lifestyle choices.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Take the opportunity to cancel your marriage and you will instantly gain 50% to your finances in 10 years.

Thank me later. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Stroke is 50.

Yeah the problem is COVID-19 is probably (hopefully) only going to be an issue for the next year or two and public health measures that would protect people from those other diseases take literally decades to make a dent in those numbers.  And those public health measures largely fall into two categories:

1. Ineffective because they don't actually put any parameters around people's behavior 

2. Highly unpopular because they infringe on people's freedoms

So while I agree it'd be great if we had a healthier population that was less susceptible to COVID-19, flu, and other disease like that it just doesn't seem a realistic solution to the current situation tbh.

If your point is that we need to allow preventative medical screenings to catch some of these things and treat them earlier, then I agree 100%, but these diseases will still exist in very large numbers in the population and put millions of people at increased risk and we are going to back to allowing those types of screenings and doctors visits across the country (in places where there were restrictions in the first place, which isn't everywhere).

Edited by mission27

33 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That's how we feel as well, at least right now. The venue reached out to us a few weeks ago, and they seem hopeful and super on top of things. It's very reassuring.

That's why you marry a girl who loves watching football with you :)

My friend is actually postponing her wedding until things are back to normal because she doesn't want masks and she wants people to be able to hug. Just a different perspective but for her marriage won't change things so she can wait. I, on the hand, would probably do the same thing as you.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Why the **** are we still talking about this snake oil? 

It shouldn't even be in the news anymore. It's been like 6 weeks since we have known it doesn't work 

Well cause the studies are finishing ip and the president said he was taking it maybe as a prophylactic potentially as a cure

48 minutes ago, mission27 said:

If your point is that we need to allow preventative medical screenings to catch some of these things and treat them earlier, then I agree 100%...............

Yes, that is my point. There are many diseases that are more dangerous and which cause the CV-19 to be vastly more hazardous. The current pandemic needs to be seen as another public health challenge to be managed with appropriate efforts in proportion with everything else.