Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Does it have to be a money thing ?

I'm rich af and I dont want to have to go in person to see a doctor.  I'd rather just text or facetime someone and get meds.  Like basically a drug dealer with a license 

Yeah telehealth is great for some stuff. 

Not everything needs to involve me sitting in an urgent care with a bunch of other sick people for some antibiotics.  Just call that ish in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Silly as it may sound I’m doing nothing risky right now.  No weights, just shooting hoops, etc.. now isn’t the time to need stitches or a trip to an ortho.

...I did not even consider that. My gym is closed, obviously, so I've been setting up my barbell in the backyard. If my shoulder gets messed up again, I'd be SOL. Don't want to overcrowd a hospital for a slap tear and risk coming into contact with the virus.

Maybe I'll go lighter on the weights for the time being.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I think their intent and hope is that for the people that don't need it, they will turn around and use it to make some luxury purchases to help stimulate the economy. I'm one of those fortunate enough that my wife and I are still employed with good job security, but with how things are looking my $2,900 check is going straight to savings.

That's the plan IMO. The people who need it the most are not going to be spending it which is the opposite of what you need to stimulate an economy. But that's what I am going to do primarily as well. We both have jobs right now but they feel precarious if that makes sense. Will save and only use the money on essential goods. Maybe order takeout occasionally to help out our favorite local restaurants but that's it.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Silly as it may sound I’m doing nothing risky right now.  No weights, just shooting hoops, etc.. now isn’t the time to need stitches or a trip to an ortho

I get it. 

I made the decision to continue living life to some degree through this. I've never had a serious accident in the shop, and have only had two trips for stitches in my life (both when I was in grade school). The chances that something happens are so slim that I decided not to worry about it. 

Obviously I'm being very cautious in the shop. But I always am, because I like having ten fingers. That doesn't change, virus or not. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sucks that the standard deduction is so high. You'd need $24k in other donations before you even come out even unless the stimulus is tax free (which you'd think both parties would have advertised if it was).

I actually itemized this year. Church donations plus mortgage tax and some other smaller things put me just over the hump. 

This could too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

I actually itemized this year. Church donations plus mortgage tax and some other smaller things put me just over the hump. 

This could too. 

hopefully mine is better than last year

last year i paid in for the first time

50 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sucks that the standard deduction is so high. You'd need $24k in other donations before you even come out even unless the stimulus is tax free (which you'd think both parties would have advertised if it was).

Isn't it a good thing that everyone gets to deduct 24K?

Some possibly good news. There was a small test group in France that shows a 90% cure rate of Covid 19 after 3 days and they were 100% cured after 5 days with a 2 drug combination.

They are testing this in New York with results expected back next Wednesday. I don't know how to paste an image or I'd share the graph. 

• Like 4

Just now, big_palooka said:

Some possibly good news. There was a small test group in France that shows a 90% cure rate of Covid 19 after 3 days and they were 100% cured after 5 days with a 2 drug combination.

They are testing this in New York with results expected back next Wednesday. I don't know how to paste an image or I'd share the graph. 

Just share the link, people can click on it from there.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah its likely the malaria drug + zpak

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Silly as it may sound I’m doing nothing risky right now.  No weights, just shooting hoops, etc.. now isn’t the time to need stitches or a trip to an ortho.

200 Push Ups and 300 ab reps a day here. 

• Like 1