Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

The results presented in that article do not say that:

Sure they do. The non-household rate is identical to the 30-39 bracket. The absolute value of the numbers are low, so it's not surprising you rates that more variable, but overall they don't look wildly dissimilar . And yeah the sample isn't huge but before all we had were case reports. 

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Expect some news over the next few weeks regarding a stimulus check.

This is going to be interesting to see how much it will be.  If it's $1200 again for most people I think that's a poor half-measure but what do I know?

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is going to be interesting to see how much it will be.  If it's $1200 again for most people I think that's a poor half-measure but what do I know?

I read a couple articles stating some in the Senate were pushing it to for people making under 40,000 and then a small scale down from there. 

We should be getting Oxford's trial results today. Sounds like they're still on track to make the vaccine available in Sept. 

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/oxford-covid-19-vaccine-may-be-available-in-two-months-trial-results-today-11595238055519.html

Moreover, there are reports AstraZeneca-backed COVID-19 vaccine candidate may be available by September. According to a report published in Press Trust of India, David Carpenter, Chairman of the Berkshire Research Ethics Committee, which approved the Oxford trial said, "Nobody can put final dates... things might go wrong but the reality is that by working with a big pharma company, that vaccine could be fairly widely available around September and that is the sort of target they are working on."

I hate when they use words like this. The vaccine will not be ready for most public use until 2021 at the earliest, maybe late 2020 if things go perfectly. The vaccine will not be through FDA approval until after September and that doesn't factor in the EMA,ASEC, HC or the rest of the world's regulatory bodies. Not only will they need to get FDA approval for the drug itself, but the manufactring process will need to be approved as well. They have completed initial trials, but have yet to go into any sort of major production and that will take them past September just to get enough for a decent batch of drugs. They need to stop saying things like widely available. 

Edited by seriously27
  • Like 3

*Read MegaRon's post on the next page for an article and not a direct download of the PDF that I mistakenly linked*

"The odds of developing severe disease (e.g. requiring ventilation or resulting in death) during the treatment period (day 1 to day 16) were significantly reduced by 79% for patients receiving SNG001 compared to patients who received placebo (OR 0.21 \[95% CI 0.04-0.97\]; p=0.046).  

Patients who received SNG001 were more than twice as likely to recover (defined as ‘no limitation of activities’ or ‘no clinical or virological evidence of infection’) over the course of the treatment period compared to those receiving placebo (HR 2.19 \[95% CI 1.03-4.69\]; p=0.043)."

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly, I would be surprised if it’s even that much.

3 day anniversary trip with my wife, first time away from our kids for over a day in almost 6 years, and something came this morning hours before we left, which should span our entire trip. Rain in the forecast 3 days and no internet in our cabin. Congratulations 2020, you win. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

3 day anniversary trip with my wife, first time away from our kids for over a day in almost 6 years, and something came this morning hours before we left, which should span our entire trip. Rain in the forecast 3 days and no internet in our cabin. Congratulations 2020, you win. 

Brutal... many sympathies, my guy.

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

People don’t need a one time lump sum, they need extended increased unemployment benefits and the like.

Many people are flat out of work due to restrictions and tossing them a grand isn’t an actual solution to the problem.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Bro cancel the trip.  Don’t do that to yourself. 😂 

• Like 2