TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

14 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I would try bartending on the weekends or at scheduled events before quitting the day job. just to see if you like it. In my experience, bartending hasn’t been as fun as bar going. 
Not sure what it’s like in Canada but here in Texas you have to start out as a door guy or bar back before working your way up to bartender. Nobody really gets a bartending job with no experience within the company unless you have some nice tatas. 

Yeah I think the part time bartending route might be the best option. Same things apply here, you just work your way up from being a barback or a server. but the part time route is actually a pretty good idea.

8 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

A bar job during these pandemic times?? Not sure if that's a wise choice given the circumstances 

Not immediately, but eventually transition over a year but the covid times now has really given some time to actually think about how happy I am with my career life for once as before was always in a rush.

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You aren’t going to want to tend bar forever, man.

No knock on bartenders, but you have a good job now. When you are 30+, and want to start a family or have your evening and weekends back or just get tired of it, you’ll have a hard time getting back into corporate world. So go into sales or marketing or HR or be a vendor for a booze company. Anything that keeps you as a professional.

If you really need to sow some wild oats, wait until coronavirus is over, take a gap year in Europe, and bartend/wait your way around. 

This is really one of my biggest concerns also. HR definitely is another thing i've kept in mind to also transition into. Anything but straight accounting at this point man like I feel my soul dying as a person doing this job. Things have really been different after college without all the partying and night outs and all that. Maybe that's why I felt ok doing accounting before hand because I had the social aspect constantly?

Family life is definitely something I want to have in the future too. Also I feel like I don't have enough time to hit the bars to meet any girls either? been going on lots of tinder dates but that **** gets old and conversations dont really matter cause its a d!ck appointment from the very start. Miss just like chilling at the bars and meeting people and girls casually

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Opening your own bar is a nightmare in Florida. We have a limited number of liquor licenses allocated per year.

Do not recommend unless you've been in the industry and truly passionate about it. 

If you love talking to people...looking into a head-hunting firm and intern there. 

Florida bars are honestly scary but so grimy too which I love tbh. They are hella fun. I think i got drunk for the first time in a bar in Orlando when I was 16(fake id). 

5 hours ago, D82 said:

You know what you need to do @canadaluvsdallas. Get some plastic surgery for some massive boobs.

If all else fails I'ma try this LOL.

• Like 3

Sometimes I feel mad that I'm considered essential and I have to work while others get to stay home and collect unemployment plus 600 on top of that every week. But then I realize when stuff opens back up a ton of people will be looking for work. It's going to be a dog eat dog world 

5 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Sometimes I feel mad that I'm considered essential and I have to work while others get to stay home and collect unemployment plus 600 on top of that every week. But then I realize when stuff opens back up a ton of people will be looking for work. It's going to be a dog eat dog world 

Every time I catch myself getting mad about working right now I tell myself exactly this. Then I remember that unemployment doesn't provide health insurance or benefits like my employer, and thank my lucky stars I'm still working.

• Like 1