1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, thrILL! said:

Yeah that was hilariously unrealistic too.  

You've got a new coach in Denver without a franchise QB and no hope of getting one in this draft. Rodgers, I believe will commit to three more years in Denver. 

He's going to be the back-to-back reigning MVP. When is the last time a guy who won back-to-back MVPs was on the market? 

We don't know what the market is going to be for Rodgers, but it should be extraordinarily high. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

The good thing is when Love takes us to a top 3 pick next season we can pick from Bryce Young and CJ Stroud. 

Though I believe Love will be a decent starter eventually, if he bombs or gets hurt?  Give me CJ Stroud.  I'd trade the whole draft for him ala Ditka.

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You've got a new coach in Denver without a franchise QB and no hope of getting one in this draft. Rodgers, I believe will commit to three more years in Denver. 

He's going to be the back-to-back reigning MVP. When is the last time a guy who won back-to-back MVPs was on the market? 

We don't know what the market is going to be for Rodgers, but it should be extraordinarily high. 

I think the price has to be ridiculous ... they need a superstar QB to even think about getting past the likes of Mahomes and Herbert.  Hell, even Carr is far superior to what the Broncos have been trotting out there.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the price has to be ridiculous ... they need a superstar QB to even think about getting past the likes of Mahomes and Herbert.  Hell, even Carr is far superior to what the Broncos have been trotting out there.

But.....Rodgers isn't going to let GB gut young receiving talent from the team he is going to.  We'd be lucky to see a couple high draft picks and Chubb.

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers controls where he goes. He can refuse to go anywhere.  He can walk into Gutes office and say I'm staying here and I'm not extending.  Pay me or cut me.   

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers controls where he goes. He can refuse to go anywhere.  He can walk into Gutes office and say I'm staying here and I'm not extending.  Pay me or cut me.   

He won't do that (I hope) because he is too sensitive and aware of what that would do to his LEGACY. 

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

He won't do that (I hope) because he is too sensitive and aware of what that would do to his LEGACY. 

If he cared about his legacy he wouldn’t have **** the bad on Saturday night. His on field issues in the playoffs will outshine any sort of quarrel he has with the front office. Nobody will remember that. They will remember the last 3 years. 

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think his market is as high as you guys think it is. While back to back MVPs is nice his age and need for a new contract narrows his market significantly. Rodgers has all the leverage. We can't just trade him to the highest bidder if he doesn't want to go there. If we try to trade him to a team like the Panthers or Texans he will just retire. Any team seriously interested in him knows this and will lowball us accordingly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Absolutely agree with this regarding WR since: Adams, MVS, and Cobb are likely gone. Hopefully we can sign Lazard back. TE if we bring back Tonyan we're fine. I think Deguara and Davis are better than we think. The problem is Rodgers didn't, 'trust' them. 

Not so sure the talent is there behind Tonyan.  They can't get open/get to the right spots .. troubling.  Don't think they are bringing Tonyan back either.

7 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't think his market is as high as you guys think it is. While back to back MVPs is nice his age and need for a new contract narrows his market significantly. Rodgers has all the leverage. We can't just trade him to the highest bidder if he doesn't want to go there. If we try to trade him to a team like the Panthers or Texans he will just retire. Any team seriously interested in him knows this and will lowball us accordingly.

We only got a conditional 2009 3rd rounder for Favre which we then used to trade up to draft Clay.

The haul we are expecting for Rodgers should be a little more than that but its not gonna be the king's ransom that some of us are proposing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers missed some throws on Saturday Night but is getting way too much of the blame.  He was 20-29.

I think the bulk of criticism being directed at AR is based (especially in my case....) on his targeting so few guys. I simply cant explain that away. You cant win that way IMO. Is that on MLF? Dont know / cant say.

What I can say is our offense stunk....in a VERY WINNABLE game.

And *thats* what hurts.

PR said it right: We should be playing this week. I agree and firmly believe that.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers missed some throws on Saturday Night but is getting way too much of the blame.  He was 20-29.  

This was a coaching loss.  Special Teams sucked beyond belief.  This is on MLF much more than Rodgers.  

stop making excuses for him.  3 + out = 12

• Like 1