Day 2 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

You'd pass on a decent starting OL for AJE?

Easily. We can get Tyler or Hennessey in R3 and plug / play them at OC (Bolles / Risner / R3C / Glasgow / James). 

not dropping past 40, texans staff have been high on him and if hes there i am sure we take him

Please dont k thx

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Does the fit work for New York? Isn’t Peppers more of a natural SS? Are they interchangeable in NYG’s scheme?

Giants defense will be the same as Miami's and New England's in that there is an absolute need for being multiple in scheme. Peppers and Mckinney are similar, but both would play at the same time in Patrick Graham's scheme. You're right in that a rangy type FS is more of a need, but you can't deny McKinney is more talented than any of those available here.

2 minutes ago, Drained said:

Do you think Belichick will take Hurts? Don't think it fits his scheme, if hes picking I think he goes Fromm

I think if he picks Hurts, he's got a plan to use him correctly, which is scary. Fromm is a game manager, stay in the pocket type. Obviously that is closer to Brady's style than Hurts, but I'm not sure that is what Belichick wants. He may not want another Brady.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Can you elaborate on that?

He's the sort of player NE have had success with, playing him off-ball in base and then as a blitzer or off the edge in obvious passing situations. Doesn't win his rushes with strength and can struggle to set the edge as a run defender full time. 

7 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I can’t believe Espenesa & YGM are available in the second 

Why not? Epenesa has motor/consistency questions and Gross-Matos is a tweener in the bad way.

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, get that. The initial point was just a throwaway comment about how Packers fans probably not being that receptive to a Jordan Love pick at 24 in a mock 2 days ago (for example),  versus how they might feel about it waking up today now that has actually happened.

I hate it and I would have hated it at 60, too. Wasted picks in Rodgers’ prime is what we’ve been dealing with for 7-8 years.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Hard pass on Epenesa for the Bengals, not a fit.  Too slow for DE, too small for DT

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I do NOT want Epenesa at 33.  Too slow to be a NFL 4-3 DE, too small to be a DT or 3-4 DE.  He's a sub package rush DT, which is not a top 40 pick.

This guy gets it.

23 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Just a question for some of you,

Where do you guys do your research for your big board, etc?

Do you just follow college football and or other mock drafts or what?

I have a variety of sources. Follow a lot of draftniks on Twitter, pop into BDL here, read Draft Network, and do my own research watching CFB in the fall and YouTube cutups year-round.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

He's the sort of player NE have had success with, playing him off-ball in base and then as a blitzer or off the edge in obvious passing situations. Doesn't win his rushes with strength and can struggle to set the edge as a run defender full time. 

I see. Are you saying you could see him being successful in a rotational pass rusher role, like New England would use him in?

The bolded is my big concern. I don't see him being successful as an edge rusher in the NFL no matter how you try to use him because of it.

Just now, minutemancl said:

I see. Are you saying you could see him being successful in a rotational pass rusher role, like New England would use him in?

The bolded is my big concern. I don't see him being successful as an edge rusher in the NFL no matter how you try to use him because of it.

I think he would need to develop as an off-ball linebacker to become a three-down player in the NFL, but I think he can do that. Teams will view and grade him wildly differently, I don't think many will see him as a base pass-rusher. The ones who value him most will like his versatility. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Muti - undrafted most likely

Gay - probably 50/50 between going late tonight or early on day 3

Nute is going to go early Day 3 IMO, unless medicals have him off  the board.  Gay is somewhere today, maybe early tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Should the Bengals take a player or trade back?

Its really tempting to take one of these WRs in case AJ or John Ross gets hurt again and start developing for next year. Josh Jones or one of the DL wouldn’t be a bad pick either. So many options lol. 

Go for Josh Jones. I remember a statistic last year that really affirmed how bad the Oline was, Andy Dalton had like 1.5 seconds to throw the ball each play. It was ridiculously bad.