2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That tie with Cincy really screwed us. If that was a loss we would’ve been picking 3rd instead of 6th as our strength of schedule was a bit worse than the Falcons and Texans. Oh well.

I highly doubt we’ll be able to get that big trade down haul I would have liked now.

The top 3 QBs and probably Sewell will be off the board before our pick.

I’m pretty positive one of Parsons or Chase will be on the board still. I think it’s more likely Parsons, but who knows. Maybe both are still there.

I still wouldn’t mind a trade down but compensation would have to be worthwhile. Overall even if we stay at 6 I’ll probably be happy with one of the picks although I have a feeling it won’t be one of the guys that we are clamoring for right now.

I feel like this draft is going to be more defense heavy, especially with a new coordinator coming in.

Also, I doubt we get that much in return for Wentz, @ Jeezla

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That tie with Cincy really screwed us. If that was a loss we would’ve been picking 3rd instead of 6th as our strength of schedule was a bit worse than the Falcons and Texans. Oh well.

I highly doubt we’ll be able to get that big trade down haul I would have liked now.

The top 3 QBs and probably Sewell will be off the board before our pick.

I’m pretty positive one of Parsons or Chase will be on the board still. I think it’s more likely Parsons, but who knows. Maybe both are still there.

I still wouldn’t mind a trade down but compensation would have to be worthwhile. Overall even if we stay at 6 I’ll probably be happy with one of the picks although I have a feeling it won’t be one of the guys that we are clamoring for right now.

3 would’ve been sweet, the tie is the closing of the karmic loop from 2008 where that bengals tie helped us I suppose.

I think we can still get some picks, Panthers and Broncos need a QB... unless they decide to be dumb and run it back. Even more of a drop to the teens with Niners and Pats.

If we are at 6, Sewell and the 3 QBs go I’m very happy to chose between Surtain / Chase Parsons / Smith

For those of you that watched Patrick Surtan, I haven’t really looked at him yet. What is his strengths and weaknesses? Is he a better prospect then jeffrey from last years draft? He seems to have great size, speed, and can tackle. With outstanding coverage abilities and people avoid him.

3 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

For those of you that watched Patrick Surtan, I haven’t really looked at him yet. What is his strengths and weaknesses? Is he a better prospect then jeffrey from last years draft? He seems to have great size, speed, and can tackle. With outstanding coverage abilities and people avoid him.

The only concern he has is speed - he's got great length, great football IQ and he has lock-down potential at the next level. 

31 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The only concern he has is speed - he's got great length, great football IQ and he has lock-down potential at the next level. 

He's also overly physical. He gets away with it though, but he'll get flagged more in the NFL. Same with Horn.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like the picks made from the little I’ve seen and heard. Thought McGrone would’ve been better off going back to school. If we can nab him in the 3rd that’s good value. Have heard a lot of good things about Newsome. Could be a diamond in the rough. Kendrick has great ball skills. Don’t know a lot about the OL and not sure we need to spend a second one, but I wouldn’t complain that much either if he’s good value at the top of the 2nd.

Haven't seen a ton of Newsome myself, but sounds like he could be this years Jaylon Johnson, who's having a pretty solid season for Da Bears.
McGrone definitely should have gone back, but we probably don't get him in the 3rd if he does. Probably still won't be able to get him in the 3rd after the combine, because he looks explosive, but hopefully the other combine freak LB's push him down.
Jalen Mayfield is a stud OT who would instantly upgrade LG. Probably goes late 1st though. He looks like Ramczyk coming out.
Kendrick looks great for a guy who has played at CB for only 2 seasons. Could be the next Richard Sherman. Athletically, he moves like Ronald Darby. Hopefully he can conjugate a verb and string together a complete sentence, unlike Darby. He actually reminds me of Sidney Jones at Washington.
Paris Ford and Talanoa Hufanga can both cover and hit. Ford at FS and Hufanga at SS would be nice. Staff didn't seem to have much faith in K'von, and he allowed 7 catches on 9 targets.

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Unless he runs good he's a little worse prospect then Okudah (not by much) but a better prospect then Henderson. 

I think people gave henderson too much crap for not wanting to tackle he probably easily ends up a better corner than both Okudah and Surtain.