2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes you either roll with Sam or draft a guy and he’s starting. If you don’t think the guy you’re drafting at 2 a good enough to start and he’s healthy.... then you shouldn’t be drafting him.

They absolutely don’t have to start right away. Did Mahomes? Did Watson? Did Herbert? If the rookie can’t beat out Sam, then uh oh

18 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

They absolutely don’t have to start right away. Did Mahomes? Did Watson? Did Herbert? If the rookie can’t beat out Sam, then uh oh

But you kids out on the pick that you’d get for Sam. Also what if Sam plays good? Then what? You trading a 23yr old QB that looks great? Doesn’t seem smart.

If we’re drafting a QB at 2. Sam can’t be on this team.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But you kids out on the pick that you’d get for Sam. Also what if Sam plays good? Then what? You trading a 23yr old QB that looks great? Doesn’t seem smart.

If we’re drafting a QB at 2. Sam can’t be on this team.

It would certainly be unorthodox. I have just  learned to be patient and minimize speculation with this FO. No one knows what the hell is going to happen.  But until we get rid of Sam and get a vet to hold the fort, I am just going by what we have right now. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

It would certainly be unorthodox. I have just  learned to be patient and minimize speculation with this FO. No one knows what the hell is going to happen.  But until we get rid of Sam and get a vet to hold the fort, I am just going by what we have right now. 

I think he’ll be traded this week actually. I think they’ll start to be too much traction to us liking Wilson where he feels Darnolds stick is lowering. So he pulls the trigger and gets a 2nd and more. Just a guess

3 hours ago, xrade said:

I am not completely convinced we are trading Sam. He can start, maybe build up his resume, and we trade him before the deadline. Or we can keep him and let him play most of the season if he is doing OK and maybe get a comp pick in 2023. It could also be that our vet QB is not in the roster yet. There will be cuts before TC.  As of right now all we have is White and Morgan. Neither inspire any confidence at all, but I am willing to wait and see what JD does. 

Keeping him doesn't hurt us but it will create some media friction with it being a well known thing that Wilson will eventually play. Might also hurt Darnold's psyche, you see what it did to Wentz last year and that was with a 2nd round pick.

Now that the # 2 pick is set thanks to the Miami trade, proved that Douglas is not trading down. I am sure the 49ers ask for our #2 pick there is no way why they didn't ask the Jets first about  a trade. The big question is who do we take at 23 and 34??? My chose would be a offensive guard & running back, unless a top WR was still on the board and the chances of that are slim and none. This is Douglas chance to make up for a mediocre FA period. He has the picks to do it.