Andy Dalton signs 1 year deal with the Dallas Cowboys

.Buzz

7 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Andy Dalton also grew up in Kathy, Texas which is just outside of Houston. Maybe he thought this is a chance to be close to home, and if things don't work out between Dallas and Dak then he can start again, and if not hes getting paid nicely to be a backup in his home state

I once spent a weekend in Kathy.  Took a couple days for my legs to recover. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, ninjapirate said:

Hey do you want 7 million dollars to not do anything next year?

I mean it's a pretty easy sell for dalton i think.

The problem with doing "nothing" is that it takes him one step closer out of the league.

13 hours ago, KManX89 said:

He's got no more excuses this year with what essentially amounts to 3 #1 receivers. And this is on top of having a top 2 RB and one of the better OLs in the league.

But hey, if all else fails, they've got one of the best backups in the league.

I'd love to hear which teams Michael Gallup would be a #1 WR for. 

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

It depends on how much you rate Gallup, but you could make the argument for quite a few teams - certainly the Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Raiders and possibly the Texans, Colts, Giants, Bears & possibly even the Niners although I do like Deebo. 

The numbers he put up last year are no joke: 1100 yards, 6 touchdowns on 66 receptions. Tyreek had 860 yards and 7 touchdowns on 58 receptions playing under a much more impressive system and a significantly better QB. I'm not saying he's anything like Tyreek, but the numbers show that he's legitimate.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

That was a bit of a reach, but a 1,000 yard 3rd wideout is a damn good problem to have, which is why I said "essentially". 

Dak seriously has no more excuses now. CeeDee Lamb falling in their lap at 17, wow.

Edited by KManX89

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Dalton made over $70 million in Cincinnati on salary alone.  I think he'll be ok.

Hmmm.... most of these guys end up without a lot of that money pretty early after retiring, so I'd say they could always use more money.....

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

Hmmm.... most of these guys end up without a lot of that money pretty early after retiring, so I'd say they could always use more money.....

Dalton doesn't strike me as a guy to go broke shortly after retirement.