2021 Draft Talk

swede700

8 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

KC got Trey Smith they seem to get every OL on the Viking fans list. 

KC has attacked their OL this off-season. 

Signed Joe Thuney, Kyle Long, and Austin Blythe in FA

Traded for Orlando Brown Jr. before draft.

Drafted Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, viking said:

What's everyone's initial grade for this draft?

I'll give it an A-

I'd say B.  Darrisaw, Davis, and Twyman are great.  Like Jones and Robinson. Not sure on Mond.  Surratt and Nwangwu are a little shaky based on who was there.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, viking said:

I'll give it an A-

i give you an A+ for enthusiasm, i'll say that!

i think it's only an A grade draft for us if we hit on several of those guys, and many of them are only maybes.

Darrisaw- A.  
Getting a guy at 23 we would have liked at 14.  Good fit for what we needed.  

Mond - C

i don’t think he is more than a back up, but take a chance and hope he could develop into a franchise QB.  

Surratt -B-

i think it was a bit early for him and other similar LBs went later.   

Davis - A

Got him a round later than he should have gone  Has potential to lock down RG for next 10 years   

Jones -B

Solid value    Closer to the prospect in Wonnom than Hunter   

Nwangwu - D

Has a KJ Osborn vibe to me   Too early for a special team guy who may not contribute anywhere else  

Bynum. B+
I like the player, athletic ability and transitioning to safety keep this grade a bit lower. 

Robinson - A-

Long athletic  profile that shows on tape   I trust Patterson to make this pick work out   

Smith-Marsette  -A

i think he takes over WR3 this year and could take over for Thielen in a couple years  

Davidson -B

Dont know anything about him but the pick gets a B because he is 6-6 and looks faster than Rudy😃

Twyman- A

If he can play like the guy we saw in 2019, he will be an unbelievable steal  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

What's the problem with people being critical of draft picks? We'll see more when they play, but right now we are talking about the draft. It is okay to think critically; it should be encouraged.

I appreciate the posters that are willing to think critically. Thank you @Eric dunn. Sorry if you've had enough for the day.

I bet that some of the Vikings picks will not work out. I like hearing people's opinions on which picks they think that will be.  I think that the RB was a terrible pick. He doesn't look like much of a RB to me and I disagree with taking a returner at that point in the draft.

Exactly ... FWIW I still think Javian Hawkins would have been a better selection & might be able to return kicks.  However if they wanted to specifically address the return game than why didn't we just sign CeePee? That to me makes no sense, best returner in the game, was willing to come "home"  Throw in that he only cost Atlanta 3M & he's listed as a RB just makes even less sense but maybe thats just me

I think that all 11 of the Vikings players have the chance to become starters in the NFL. Now, odds are certainly not in their favor, and I’m not saying that they all will. But they all have the traits and talents to develop into starters. 

Very similar to their 2015 draft. Not all of the players developed, but it turned into a roster foundation draft. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, viking said:

I'll give it an A-

As an outsider, I'd give it a solid C+.  Trading down and still getting Darrisaw was HUGE.  I thought he was a top 14 pick, and it was a 50/50 chance he made it to the original Vikings pick.  Like the physical tools of Kellen Mond, but the history is stacked against him to be a Day 2 success.  Chazz Surratt is a solid LB.  Don't think he's anything special, but I think he's a passable starting LB.  Wyatt Davis is a plug 'n play OG, but I'm not sure he's offering much in the way of positional versatility.  I don't think he has the skillset to play OT, and I don't think he has any history of playing C.  Beyond that, I like Camryn Bynum as a S convert and ISM as a low-end #2, high-end #3 WR.