2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

Caleb Farley is not attending the draft now because he tested positive for COVID-19, this dude is having a tough year. If a team is secretly all in on Farley and cool with his medicals, they are going to get him at a big discount.  

1 hour ago, R T said:

Caleb Farley is not attending the draft now because he tested positive for COVID-19, this dude is having a tough year. If a team is secretly all in on Farley and cool with his medicals, they are going to get him at a big discount.  

I'm really hoping he goes 1-28. Just pushes another player to us. 

1 hour ago, R T said:

Damn.

Doesn't help but probably doesn't hurt him that much either.  If he slips it won't be because of Covid.  2 procedures on his back don't know how any team would be cool with that.  Draftniks still have him rated highly though.  Some team will bite just hope it's not the Packers.  He's a total wildcard have no idea where he'll get picked.

He'd be off my board but honestly around the 4th round I'd might be tempted to take a shot.  He'll be long gone before then.  If I had to guess he'll go in the 2nd round.  Watch him go top 20 now.  Just think whatever team drafts him is making a huge mistake.  Just such a horrible injury it will humble the most mighty of men. 

Watching NFL network now on a seperate note they are discussing Fields potentially falling to 32.  Kid is battling epilepsy but they don't mention that.  Heard he has had it for awhile and expected to outgrow it but regardless it's a risk factor.

1 hour ago, R T said:

One of my major bets tomorrow is Farley over 23.5.  I just can’t see it with the injuries and such .

14 hours ago, Green19 said:

But let’s say gb does take a WR with their first pick, either at 29 or a trade (up or down), who is your guy?

The top 3 will be long gone of course with maybe only Smith outside the top 10.  All inside top 20.  I don't think any other WR carries a 1st Round grade.  I can't see GB picking a WR at 29 in any event.  Bateman and Brown and Marshall all get the call here by many, but if I was forced to take a WR at 29 it would Elijah Moore.

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

One of my major bets tomorrow is Farley over 23.5.  I just can’t see it with the injuries and such .

He is great value at 29 meds and all.  I think he goes sooner than many thing regardless.  All comes down to what long term risk potential team docs grade him after examination of his official records.  

7 minutes ago, 15412 said:

He is great value at 29 meds and all.  I think he goes sooner than many thing regardless.  All comes down to what long term risk potential team docs grade him after examination of his official records.  

There is many examples of darker injuries and players still getting drafted. Jaylon Smith was a LB who they weren't sure if he would ever walk right again with what was believed to be a 2 year window to get back to playing if he ever played again and was still got drafted 34th overall. Farley is a top CB, some team will roll the dice for a shot at greatness.   

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

So weird, the day before the draft, I would normally be so pumped and on edge. I would be mentally building up for the draft a few weeks ago and just waiting for the day for it all to kick off. This year, maybe because of no combine, or just that weeks seem to fly bye the older I get, I'm so non-pulsed. The draft could be another four weeks away and I could survive easily without the fix. Strange...

I hear you.  I think it is a threefold issue.

1.  We had an abbreviated college season and no combine, and some of the guys in the draft opted out and haven't played in over a year.

2.  The Packers draft very late, which always tempers excitement versus when you have a top ten pick.

3.  The Packers have a very strong roster this year already, and the needs are either kind of boring picks or future players.  We need an offensive lineman, that really is boring.  We need DL, WR, and CB, but how much is a rookie going to displace any of the veterans that we already have on the roster this season?

27 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I don’t think I agree.  2 back injuries and an ACL injury?  I’m really hoping he’s not our pick. 

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I hear you.  I think it is a threefold issue.

1.  We had an abbreviated college season and no combine, and some of the guys in the draft opted out and haven't played in over a year.

2.  The Packers draft very late, which always tempers excitement versus when you have a top ten pick.

3.  The Packers have a very strong roster this year already, and the needs are either kind of boring picks or future players.  We need an offensive lineman, that really is boring.  We need DL, WR, and CB, but how much is a rookie going to displace any of the veterans that we already have on the roster this season?

Points 2 and 3 have been pretty much the case for as long as I have followed the Packers.

It's just strange...

12 minutes ago, R T said:

There is many examples of darker injuries and players still getting drafted. Jaylon Smith was a LB who they weren't sure if he would ever walk right again with what was believed to be a 2 year window to get back to playing if he ever played again and was still got drafted 34th overall. Farley is a top CB, some team will roll the dice for a shot at greatness.   

Remember that.  Smith's injury was pretty much on par with Farley IMO.  Pretty damn serious.  Was really surprised that he went that early at the time. 23.5 over under seems about right.  Most mocks I have seen have him going right around there.  All it takes is one.  Hope he does go early push another player down to the Pack.  He's going to bust and it's a sucker bet.  Just please please please don't draft him GB.

• Like 1

I've said similar things about Bateman. He's not as good as JJ, but not far behind. Moore isn't a direct comp to Aiyuk based on size, but Moore would be absolutely dynamite for GB. Instant (and significant) upgrade at the slot position, gadget position plus PR position. Really can't think of a player within reasonable range of us who would have a higher chance at an instant impact for us. 

1 hour ago, 15412 said:

A good risk for a team like Tampa Bay. For GB, it has a Justin Harrell feel to it.