2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

Just quickly brushing up my last minute draft research just so I don't feel so useless following the draft on draft night. Starting with QBs.

I love Trey Lance. He's big and he can throw and run. All that is holding him back is his mind. If he can show his ability to process quickly and show mental strength then the sky is the limit for him. Whenever I watch him I keep thinking Josh Allen.

There's not a lot to say other than Trevor Lawrence is a complete QB. Has very few holes for a draft prospect. Easily the most pro ready. His ceiling is high too but not as high as Trey Lance imo. If there's any complaint then I suppose he looks TOO comfortable in the pocket, he doesn't move around much as his OL keeps him very clean. I wonder how he handles a bit of adversity.

Mac Jones looks natural at QB. He does little things well like moving around the pocket, his sense of timing, pump fakes and excellent ball placement. He also throws a beautiful spiral. He can't really run but that's not a deal breaker. I think any team that drafts him is getting a very good QB.

Zac Wilson on the other hand looks totally robotic. He can make all kinds of throws but he is moving in the way he "thinks" a QB is supposed to move, because of that this leads me to question his "feel" for the game. He often get clean pockets and is very precise in his approach. Pockets won't be so clean at the next level and he can't play precise then. I just got a gut feeling he will be found out at the next level.

Justin Fields looks the part but I felt his decision making is a tick or two slow. He showcases his athleticism running with the ball enabling him to get out of trouble. When he throws it is accurate but alot of it are short yardage plays. Not seeing a whole lot of deep ball from him. The timing of when he throws the ball puts me off, its not like Mac Jones which feels more organic to me.

It seems clear to me the top 3 QBs are Lawrence, Lance and Jones. I have no idea if this is controversial.

In terms of pro readiness:

1. Lawrence
2. Jones
3. Lance

In terms of ceiling:

1. Lance
2. Lawrence
3. Jones

Edited by Chili

31 minutes ago, squire12 said:

you actually going to fluff up the initial post for the players that GB selects?   Or is that just more of the saying with no doing?

When I post a pick, I give no effort and I stand by the lack of effort. That's the kind of honesty you look for.

• Like 1

So some dude responded to me with this on Twitter after I said I want nothing to do with drafting Caleb Farley in round one:

"Packers can afford the risk. If he needs another surgery in 3-4 years who cares? The Superbowl window is now"

Is it okay that I kind of wanted to karate chop him in the neck? 

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

So some dude responded to me with this on Twitter after I said I want nothing to do with drafting Caleb Farley in round one:

"Packers can afford the risk. If he needs another surgery in 3-4 years who cares? The Superbowl window is now"

If you karate chop Farley in the neck, he will probably need another surgery.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I think there is too much risk and probably not enough reward to take Farley, but I am reminder of the story of Ron Wolf asking doctors whether Favre (hip issue I believe) could last five years if he was to swing a deal for him.  Doctors said maybe .. Wolf made the deal.  

• Like 1

After the plot twists of last year’s draft, I’ll be watching this one with zero expectations. Should make for a more relaxing couple of nights. I don’t anticipate a pick that will be able to throw this sub into hissy fit like last year’s did.  Most of us have come to our senses about those by now even if we were vexed at the time. 

14 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

After the plot twists of last year’s draft, I’ll be watching this one with zero expectations. Should make for a more relaxing couple of nights. I don’t anticipate a pick that will be able to throw this sub into hissy fit like last year’s did.  Most of us have come to our senses about those by now even if we were vexed at the time. 

if we trade up in the first for another QB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

I believe that is justifiable anger, but I legally cannot definitively be 100% certain...