Chiefs sign Mahomes to 10 year extension

Hawkfan191

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

Left money for sure but those yearly guaranteed options are where it’s at. I think this is a great deal for both sides

They’re nice, but I’d have preferred them in bigger increments. As big and gaudy as this deal is - the biggest and gaudiest in NFL history-  I wonder how much more Mahomes could have gotten if he really wanted to play hard ball. 

KC has outs, it’s good in that sense. And I think it’s good for them in the sense that Mahomes chose not to pull a Dak and go for gold. But those are some big cap hits. Unavoidable ones, I should add. 

So yeah, I guess it’s good for both sides. Mahomes took his chunk and KC got off a little lucky that he didn’t gut them as much as most think he could have. 

EDIT: Although I definitely wouldn’t use the word “steal”, lol.

Edited by Yin-Yang

1 hour ago, Jaytrajik said:

Good googly woogly can someone please kidnap BoB so he doesn't get wind of this. He's going to completely screw the pooch and destroy this franchise as we currently know it. 

The Texans are currently  known as the team BoB screws up.  How is he going to destroy that???? Retire??

Edited by Piquel

As a Raider fan I like this for all involved. 
Pat gets paid and seems to have made it team friendly all things considered. His future is secure.
KC and it’s fans have the face of the franchise and NFL MVP. Andy is the perfect coach for him and will also get an extension. 

NFL has a guy other teams fans like to watch play. Charisma, leadership and stability in uncertain times before negotiating TV contracts.

Raiders have an objective and must create a complete team to battle in the division. Gruden has to burn the ships and commit to excellence and that means checking his EGO and letting Mayock get the ingredients.

Most exciting as I’m expecting a fan less season in the stadiums and 1/3 of the games. The future looks bright even with a speed bump.

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So, Contract renegotiation before 2027, because that's a 60 million dollar cap hit

This is a 7 year 223 Million dollar contract, and then the Chiefs have a decision to make (actually it seems they get to make a decision every year)

How Mahomes could't get a 5 year extension for 200 Million with 150 Guaranteed, then after 4 years, reupped for 5 more years 250 with another 200 guaranteed is beyond me