Forum Update

Webmaster

On 7/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, theJ said:

Yeah this is the one update I don't particularly like. 

I agree with J and sanchez here, if that feature could somehow be added back that would be fantastic. I love the 'next unread topic button', use that all the time and its better when you can see what is next

also, as much as I love the night mode, and after speaking with other forum members, we believe it might be better if the shade of black on mobile was not such a dark black and more of a dark grey. The browser version is more grey and its definitely better than on mobile. I think having some different shades of dark grey or an accent color would make the skin look a lot better 

wouldnt bring it up bc I am very pleased with the fact you found a way to do this, but since this is the feedback forum.. 

also, on mobile you have to hit the little football twice to 'react' to posts, while on the browser you have to hit it once. Its odd to have two different sets of user input needed on both

LOVE the GIF function here

@Webmaster One other note on dark mode to potentially make it a little better.

In "light" mode, there's a thin gray border around quote boxes to distinguish them better from the rest of the post.

In "dark" mode, that box is probably still there, but it's not visible.  So you have to rely on seeing in the indent of the quote box, or the word quote itself.  It's just a little harder on the eyes.  A thin white border around the quote box would make it easier to read.

16 hours ago, theJ said:

@Webmaster One other note on dark mode to potentially make it a little better.

In "light" mode, there's a thin gray border around quote boxes to distinguish them better from the rest of the post.

In "dark" mode, that box is probably still there, but it's not visible.  So you have to rely on seeing in the indent of the quote box, or the word quote itself.  It's just a little harder on the eyes.  A thin white border around the quote box would make it easier to read.

Maybe that's a thing with the mobile version, but on the desktop, there's a dark box around quotes that makes it reasonably obvious that it is quoted text, as you can see in this screenshot of the top post on this page:

post.png

• 3 weeks later...