Rams Extend Ramsey

HTTRDynasty

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Moral of the story:

If you think Goff is above average, maybe he is, but he's not Top 10, probably not even Top 15. If you think that his HC's able to make up for those deficiencies and make him a "Good QB", then that's also your prerogative. Given their cap situation, brutally tough division, and major question marks revolving around their OL based upon a horrific 2019 season, not to mention other skill positions that had injuries/lacked production, I have my doubts on how this is going to shore up those deficiencies.

JMHO

And you had to say this and voice your opinion on the matter because? 

sir this a rams extend Ramsey thread. 

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:
11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Alright let me fix it then.

Before the contract: This could be a disaster of a trade the Rams made if they can't lock him up long term which was already too much draft capital in the first place for a guy who has a screw loose and is a walking temper tantrum.

They gave up two firsts for the best corner in the league heading into his prime. Rams have had proven success hitting on mid to late round guys so the risk is worth the reward IMO.  Also, the "screw loose and temper tantrum"  is just not accurate at all. He hated being on the Jags. Looks like ALOT of players hated being on the Jags and the recent mass exodus of other Jags players proves that. This is just hate towards the Rams with nothing but conjecture.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure Ramsey has some mental health stuff going on. He could very well be bipolar.

And, sure... the Jags front office screwed the pooch obviously upsetting a lot of their top players and causing them to leave in succession. I'm not doubting they are to blame.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Again, not a ton of draft capital given the position, his age, and the success rate of 1st round picks along with the Rams success in mid-round prospects the last 3 years. Yes, it is the richest contract. Today. And it will be surpassed by next season. That's how this works. Donald was the richest contract for a defensive player ever. Then was passed by Khalil Mack the very next day. Ramsey set the bar and someone will pass it due time. Just the nature of FA these days. Also, he didn't look as good after being traded mid-season and thrown into an entirely new defense? Ya don't say lol Let's judge him after a full offseason with the team and see how he performs. He's been named captain and is on video helping out our rookie WR. 

I mean... if that's how you want to spin it to make it seem like it was a better use of resources than it was, then so be it.

Also, Ramsey didn't just slightly surpass the top contract at his position...... he surpassed it by quite a good margin. Therein lies the key difference, my man.

As for the last sentence.... sure we can revisit this in like 4 months when the 2020 regular season is over. If Ramsey returns to that #1 or #2 CB in the NFL status and the Rams make the playoffs or eventually win a SB during this contract, then I'll gladly eat some delicious crow. 

7 minutes ago, JonStark said:

It was a lot of capital and a lot of money to give up for sure. I'm one of the ones who has always thought Ramsey was the prototypical CB since college. He sticks to guys like glue, doesn't shy away from tackling, and makes plays when you need him to. His personality had me worried in the beginning but seeing how he's helping the young WR learn in camp has changed my mind about that. Maybe he's grown a little or maybe I'm just somewhat biased, but I love that we have him locked down.

I mean if we can agree on that first part there is really nothing left to discuss.

He is pretty much a prototypical corner and should be elite at his position for the life of this deal and if y'all are happy with all that it took to make this happen, then more power to you guys. I just don't agree with it being the best use of resources, but if you don't trust yourselves to make good first round picks, then I guess it makes more sense.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean if we can agree on that first part there is really nothing left to discuss.

He is pretty much a prototypical corner and should be elite at his position for the life of this deal and if y'all are happy with all that it took to make this happen, then more power to you guys. I just don't agree with it being the best use of resources, but if you don't trust yourselves to make good first round picks, then I guess it makes more sense.

Bro y’all signed Wentz to a rich as deal.

and the dude is visiting the doctors more than he is playing/practicing. Don’t be telling people how to use their resources. Wentz is more fragile than a fine china collection. That’s a poor use of resources. But you had to do it.. We we had to sign Ramsey. 

We definitely screwed the pooch with alot of top talent but the fact he straight up faked a back injury has got to give someone pause. Ramsey is a dog when he wants to be but damn to straight up quit on your team. Again, didnt want to trade him and hate what the organization did to the best CB we've ever had but damn he's a tad unstable to put it lightly

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We definitely screwed the pooch with alot of top talent but the fact he straight up faked a back injury has got to give someone pause. Ramsey is a dog when he wants to be but damn to straight up quit on your team. Again, didnt want to trade him and hate what the organization did to the best CB we've ever had but damn he's a tad unstable to put it lightly

The whole

gang quit bro. Y’all lost all your talent. Everyone left. Everyone hated the FO. It was toxic and poorly built. I’ll quit a toxic work place. Who wouldn’t? 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

The whole

gang quit bro. Y’all lost all your talent. Everyone left. Everyone hated the FO. It was toxic and poorly built. I’ll quit a toxic work place. Who wouldn’t? 

There's a difference between not giving 100% on the field and just flat out not showing up to do your job. He faked an injury. He's no better

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

There's a difference between not giving 100% on the field and just flat out not showing up to do your job. He faked an injury. He's no better

I guess you can single him out brother. But no one was happy there.. Look at what happened to Leonard. He didn’t quit. How did they thank him? Oh yeah they cut him. There is no loyalty if you don’t “quit”. I don’t think you understand how bad that environment is/was. 

No one would have stayed despite being paid the big bucks. Yannick should be proof of that. But at least you got insane Comp for Jalen. 

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Moral of the story:

If you think Goff is above average, maybe he is, but he's not Top 10, probably not even Top 15. If you think that his HC's able to make up for those deficiencies and make him a "Good QB", then that's also your prerogative. Given their cap situation, brutally tough division, and major question marks revolving around their OL based upon a horrific 2019 season, not to mention other skill positions that had injuries/lacked production, I have my doubts on how this is going to shore up those deficiencies.

JMHO

This is a new one to me?? 

Ive addressed the "Cap Situation", its not a problem. The line was bad to start the year, but if you look at the second half of the season where it was made up of who is actually playing this year, it was a very different story. But people had their minds made up already and cant get off those first 7 weeks. 

But to my original question, what skill position Lacked Production? If you are talking about Gurley, then you were thinking about 2017 TGIII, we knew he was washed going into last year. But you cant say that about the WRs, and the TEs were one of the biggest surprises of the year

9 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

The whole

Yan and Ramsey left...

The whole gang? No one was worth keeping long term due to age/play besides those two.

Point being, we all know the FO is/was incompetent in JAX. Doesn't mean there isn't some issues with the player though. Both can be true.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It has nothing to do with not trusting the Rams to make good first rounders. Mcvay has had success in the middle rounds so I'm fine with using the early picks to go get a stud.