Rams Extend Ramsey

HTTRDynasty

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We definitely did Yan dirty but I'm pretty sure we offered him huge money but he wanted no part of the franchise, like no amount would have been enough. I thought him leaving had nothing to do with money

Nope. Last offseason, Coughlin lowballed him and told him we didn't have extra money to give him what he was asking for and that the lowball was the only offer he was going to get. So he felt disrespected because they team had very openly given Foles an extra $4M than his market value so that "the team will respect him as a legitimate starting QB," and that $4M came directly out of money that should have been earmarked for Yan's extension. Then it went further from there with him feeling like the organization wasn't committed to winning, and frustrations in what he felt was Todd Wash putting him in a position to not succeed as he believed he could. So by the time we actually made him a reasonable offer, he was just done with all the garbage the franchise was putting him through.

It's the same thing that started the rift with Jalen, they told him they had no money for his extension last year and that they wouldn't even talk to him about it, but had all this money to throw away overpaying bad QBs.

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

And the offense has nothing to do with this contract. The only reason to bring it up out of left field is because someone needs something trash and lost the Ramsey card. 

It actually is relevant because the arguments with Ramsey have always been about opportunity cost. Both in resources traded and what the cost would become due to those resources they gave up to acquire him.

With the resources they gave up (money and draft capital) those are additional resources they now don’t have to use towards improving the OL for a QB that to this point hasn’t proven he can be the guy when he doesn’t have an elite RB going off as the main threat.

So yeah, Ramsey is related to it all in the sense of opportunity cost.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

They had to do it with what they traded for him, but the Rams are pretty clearly 4 out of 4 for me in the long-term outlook of the NFCW.

Not that it's entirely insulting, that's a brutal division right now, but they're low on picks, cap strapped and their OL and EDGE rush are both average at best with no real way to upgrade without a trade.

I'm ok with this. 

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We definitely screwed the pooch with alot of top talent but the fact he straight up faked a back injury has got to give someone pause

It should certainly give any players going to Jacksonville pause about how bad the situation is there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

They had to do it with what they traded for him, but the Rams are pretty clearly 4 out of 4 for me in the long-term outlook of the NFCW.

Not that it's entirely insulting, that's a brutal division right now, but they're low on picks, cap strapped and their OL and EDGE rush are both average at best with no real way to upgrade without a trade.

You don't need elite edge rushers when you have Aaron Donald. We have the best defensive player in football, a CB who has the ability to be the best at his position, a franchise QB, and Sean McVay. I feel fine about our chances long term.

• Like 1

BTW, I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this, but the new contract was technically an "extension." We had Ramsey signed for $13.7 million this year before the contract, so it's more along the lines of a 6 year $119 million deal. Is that a lot? Yeah. But I think most people recognized that Ramsey was going to get around $20 million per year on his next deal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Los Angeles Rams: What Tre'Davious White's new contract means for Jalen  Ramsey | Downtown Rams

man oh man

can we just talk about how bad these things are for a second?

i went to go check out the ramsey deal and keep forgetting how the Rams got new unis this year and for the life of me i cant figure out why

the old ones were so so so good

these numbers and eye popping colors are just yikes

I had forgotten about the new uniforms