What movie are you watching?

Forge

Godzilla vs Kong was pretty average. The human characters were all bland as usual in these kind of movies. The only cool part was the end fight. Some parts were cartoony/looked like 1980s/90s monster movies but I feel like that was deliberate. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, theJ said:

Eagle Eye.  

Shia is great.  The premise (at least, 20 min in), is a little lol worthy.

You can tell this is a movie from the mid-2000's when everyone thought the government was watching everything you did.

• Like 2

The Invisible Man livestream from Outpost31.  Spoilers ahead.  This movie is boring enough to livestream my thoughts.

The Invisible Man is the boringest movie ever so far.

I’m 30 minutes in and I want to just stop.

But... I still say Black Panther should be recast and Aldis Hodge should do it.

*Pretty cool blanket scene there as the first scare.  Would really have been effective if it was in a haunting movie, not a tech movie.  I think that’s probably why I’m not into this.  Tech isn’t scary.  Not in the scary sense of scary.

*The diazawhatever pills reveal wasn’t great.  And they leaned too much into the pregnancy hint here.  Like... Way too much.  Have the doctor on the phone say, “Also...” and then have her hang up on her.  They added way too much with the, “But maybe we shouldn’t talk about it on the phone,” part.  Especially right after she talked about him wanting to have kids.

*Don’t like the whole she’s crazy angle.  The audience knows she’s not crazy.  It’s called The Invisible Man.  So don’t do this.  Don’t do the whole ohhhh derrrr nobody believes her crap.  It’s not fun, it’s not tense.  And don’t let her be too dumb to know that nobody will believe her.  Like all it does is make me mad.  There is NO way to play the she’s crazy/he’s crazy card in a movie unless you’re not telling the audience whether or not they’re crazy.  It’s never enjoyable, and not in the tense/suspenseful not enjoyable way, just the flat out not enjoyable way.

*And now he just hit the dude’s daughter and it’s like, ****.  This is just irritating.  And that was really ****ing dumb.  For the movie.  She wasn’t anywhere near the girl.  The girl would have to be literally dumb to not understand there was no way she could have hit her.

It’s just irritating.  This movie is irritating.

*You’re about to tell me that this guy can invent invisibility, fake his own death, but he can’t change his phone number after he’s faked his own death?  For real?

(this might be him trying to mess with her so we will see, but that would kinda be dumb).

Okay it was him hoping she would call his phone.  So disregard that complaint.

But... Is she dumb?  She knows there’s an invisible psychotic man in the house with her and she crawls up into and around the attic?

Oh **** me in the butt, that paint jump scare in the attic gave me another hernia I think.  Well done, Leigh.  Well done.  She grabbed that paint and tossed it before expectations could be set.  Very effective jump scare.  Leigh Whaddel and James Wan are both EXCELLENT at that.

Fantastic blend of practical and CGI effects for that first fight scene.  By fantastic I mean fan****ingtastic.

But she was smart enough to set up a camera when she was leaving him the first time, so why wouldn’t she think to record things with her phone?  And don’t tell me creative license or that bull****.  She needs to have tried. He needs to have accounted for it.  That’s effective writing.  If horror can adapt to no signal, it can adapt to taking the phone camera away, too.  You’ve got the most advanced invisibility suit in the world appearing before your very eyes and you don’t think to Snapchat a video of it to the people who doubt you?

Boring boring boring boring.

Was not expecting that restaurant brutality.

What a gut punch.

I hate the crazy angle.  I’m not saying it wasn’t effective for this movie, but I hate it.

The problem with this movie is that it’s got some memorable (and great) scenes, but it’s just too Goddamn boring to watch more than once a decade.

”He’s right behind you!”

”Who?”

Gosh, I don’t know, the ****ing invisible person who just took out 4 guards while you were watching you dumb*** security guard who pulls a gun on a girl lying down 10 yards from the last guard who just got taken down by ****ING AIR.

This is a good movie.  Some might say a great movie.  They would be wrong, but this is a good movie.  Not an Outpost movie.  This is a 6/10 Outpost movie.

Edited by Outpost31