What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 5/15/2021 at 12:04 AM, Tetsujin said:

I’ve never watched any Godfather movies. I just bought the trilogy and will watch sometime.

On 5/15/2021 at 2:06 AM, kingseanjohn said:

You can probably skip the 3rd tbh

I'd still watch the third, it's an ok movie, it's just nothing compared to the first two.

On 5/17/2021 at 7:39 AM, THE DUKE said:

I'd still watch the third, it's an ok movie, it's just nothing compared to the first two.

The first one put me to sleep, so i never watched any of them.  Should i try again now that older and more mature?

Nah, i'm also more tired and more likely to fall asleep.

57 minutes ago, theJ said:

The first one put me to sleep, so i never watched any of them.  Should i try again now that older and more mature?

Nah, i'm also more tired and more likely to fall asleep.

The Godfather movies... I never loved them, I’ve watched each of them twice.

They are, however, absolutely brilliant.  Strokes of genius in every single way, and a LOT of films owe practically everything to The Godfather.

FFC, Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg made modern cinema, and you owe it to yourself to watch them again (by them I mean the entire series of two films).

They’re not for me, but they are absolutely NOT in that category of Blade Runner films where everyone convinces themselves they love it when they really actually hate it because it’s a meandering pile of pretentious drivel.

Both Godfather films are slow burns to excellent finales.  The payoff in each is remarkable.  Especially The Godfather.  The juxtaposition of life and death in the end of it is one of the best examples of parallel editing since parallel editing was invented.

Not only is the impact of The Godfather in dozens, hundreds of mafia, gangster and crime drama evident and cited.  It’s also extremely evident in every shocking death scene across all genres of fiction.  Fiction, not just film.  Full stop.

Although possibly not consciously, every major, shocking or sudden death in any work of fiction since The Godfather was likely inspired by The Godfather.

The Godfather is not a cell phone movie.  It is not a snacking movie.  The Godfather is a turn off your cell phone, lean forward, immerse yourself, pay attention to every detail, every line of dialogue, every glance, every word, everything in every scene (the mis en scene if you want me to go full buttsniffer).  To

To anyone contemplating whether or not they should watch it, ask yourself whether or not you can commit to a truly rated (meaning not overrated or underrated) movie and enjoy the reward by giving it the attention it deserves without distraction.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:34 PM, TENINCH said:

Watched the new movie with Angelina Jolie. "Those that wish us dead" It wasnt bad. Good popcorn flick and I love seeing Jon Bernthal in any movie. 

Good to hear I love everything Taylor Sheridan gets his hands on (Wind River, Sicario,  Hell or High Water, and Yellowstone) I thought the trailer looked a little corny so I was worried