Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, Drained said:

I mean if the Browns are willing to give up OBJ for like a 4th or something, I don't see why the Texans don't take it him aside immature personality. There's got to be a reason he left the NYG as a possible top 5 receiver and is now a has-been.

The injuries haven't helped. I think that they are underplayed for sure. He had an ankle thing in NY I believe and I don't think he's been right since it seems like.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

The injuries haven't helped. I think that they are underplayed for sure. He had an ankle thing in NY I believe and I don't think he's been right since it seems like.

From what I've seen him play it really doesn't seem like injuries have been the the issue. Those issues would rob his speed, but it doesn't seem like explosiveness is the issue. He looks fast enough and can cut and get open. The problem is that he's not catching the ball well enough. He's dropping sure catches, but more importantly there are a lot of 50/50 or 65/35 balls that he doesn't come up with. A LOT of passes in his direction just end up on the ground and you would expect a #1 and especially a "star" WR to come away with contested catches. This is likely the source of his ongoing beef with Humphrey and Peters. They rack up a lot of "passes defensed" against him.

9 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

From what I've seen him play it really doesn't seem like injuries have been the the issue. Those issues would rob his speed, but it doesn't seem like explosiveness is the issue. He looks fast enough and can cut and get open. The problem is that he's not catching the ball well enough. He's dropping sure catches, but more importantly there are a lot of 50/50 or 65/35 balls that he doesn't come up with. A LOT of passes in his direction just end up on the ground and you would expect a #1 and especially a "star" WR to come away with contested catches. This is likely the source of his ongoing beef with Humphrey and Peters. They rack up a lot of "passes defensed" against him.

Which is quite weird considering he had fantastic hands his entire career before Cleveland. Maybe it could be chalked up to coaching? Idk...

1 minute ago, Drained said:

Which is quite weird considering he had fantastic hands his entire career before Cleveland. Maybe it could be chalked up to coaching? Idk...

Baker hasn't thrown a catchable ball since his rookie year. Exaggeration, obviously, but that is the issue. It is directly related to the regression of Baker Mayfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

One other note:

PROGRESSIVE DOES NOT HAVE A SALARY CAP!!! Eat the money and stop showing stupid commercials with a QB that has a 77 rating since his rookie year.

No one is buying insurance from him. If he turns it around then start showing them again. Flo is a better QB right now.

That's...

SlipperyKeyFeline-size_restricted.gif

... Savage.

25 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Baker hasn't thrown a catchable ball since his rookie year. Exaggeration, obviously, but that is the issue. It is directly related to the regression of Baker Mayfield.

I noticed Baker on Sunday was throwing nothing but 95mph heaters to his WR's, no matter where they were on the field. It felt like watching Kaepernick all over again. No touch, no feel, just laser beams towards his guys.

That, combined with his already questionable accuracy makes it not fun to catch passes.

25 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Again, I don't think that's the ONLY issue. I've definitely seen him fail to come up with a good number of catchable passes. OBJ early in his career came up with max difficulty catches, but OBJ of the last year isn't. 

I'm sure NFL teams would put the effort into watching film all his targets since start of 2019 to confirm or deny this.

18 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

One great season, once average leading receiver season, and the guy wants top money after multiple season ending injuries? How much does he think he's worth? lol. I know he's a bears and Jax receiver but still.

ARob is a monster and deserves it imo.

Watched him in JAX, lived in Chicago last year and watched plenty of Bears games...he's in the upper echelon of receivers imo.

• Like 1

I’d give a 2nd and 4th for ARob in a heartbeat. Possibly even a 2nd and 3rd if they give me back a 4th. Although their asking price is probably a 1st. 

With that said, I doubt Bears would trade ARob. I bet they pay him in the next week or two. It’d be really foolish to trade him. 

OBJ on the other hand... being brutally honest, wouldn’t take him for free! Major diva and really lazy lately. 

Edited by BayRaider