Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This is more of a 2021 offseason trade idea. However, I really hope Dallas is stupid and makes Dak Prescott available.

Cleveland would pony up multiple 1sts in a second.

Keep your hands to yourself, heathen. 

2 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

They will probably franchise him again and destroy the cap situation. Dallas will basically be going in with the same team plus the draft class, with no additional flexibility. But that probably isn’t a bad thing if Dak comes off the books or gets to a SB in 21’. Sucks for Dak but it’s business. I don’t think there will be a better QB available even normalizing for salary.

Franchise would suck. Long term deal would be fine. Either way, our cap is in pretty good shape compared to most of the league. Especially because Dlaw/Zeke/Coop are all 1 more season away from being flexible cuts if we needed to. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Keep your hands to yourself, heathen. 

Franchise would suck. Long term deal would be fine. Either way, our cap is in pretty good shape compared to most of the league. Especially because Dlaw/Zeke/Coop are all 1 more season away from being flexible cuts if we needed to. 

Yeah, but if they don't win next year with Dak, this core is basically done. I would just break it up, because if they can't win in their primes, then when will they? 21' will be the all or nothing year while the Giants/Skins/Eagles are basically in rebuilds. Eagles are stuck with Wentz and have not hit on any draft picks of late. Giants top 5 OT pick Thomas looking like a bust and they will have a new GM after this year. Washington may not even have a name still... Dallas has as good a chance as any to lock up the #1 seed and do something with it next year.    

In a nutshell, McCarthy goes all in for 21' while we franchise Dak. If they don't get it done, break the offense up and Mike gets 1-2 years to rebuild the offense (along with the annual task of rebuilding the defense), and then his 5th year will be the make or break assuming the team continues to make strides. If you win the NFC and maybe a SB in 21', you obviously try to repeat the following year, but if it ends in a convincing playoff loss (short of Dak securing the MVP), you have to move on from this nucleus. Break up this "big 3", draft a young QB/sign another veteran, and try to win with an older core group sans Dak. You can't end up in a McNabb or Patrick Ewing situation; always on the cusp but never over the hump. 

The biggest thing to note is who is available come post 21'. If they don't have draft position in the 22' draft and there are no veterans that become available, then not re-signing Dak becomes a problem. What about a reunion with Rogers in Big D if things fall apart for GB over the course of 20-21'? Kirk Cousins may be a lot cheaper in 22'. Maybe a Matthew Stafford. I don't think you will be locked into guaranteed money with any of those guys in two years time.     

Edited by WheatieMan

5 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

The Falcons wouldn't look to trade Julio Jones until after the season would they? I think he recently signed an extension and obviously he is loved by Arthur Blank and the fans but if they were to get the right offer would they consider it?

I mean why not? That team isn’t going anywhere. They may be able to make another run but I personally doubt it. 

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I mean why not? That team isn’t going anywhere. They may be able to make another run but I personally doubt it. 

They'd be on the hook for $30-something million in dead cap over the next two years if they trade him. 

Edited by Starless

2 hours ago, Starless said:

They'd be on the hook for $30-something million in dead cap over the next two years if they trade him. 

That’s crazy, interesting how that works out. I can see it if they cut him (not saying they ever would) but by trading him they’d still have the dead cap. 

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

OH ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

TRADING HOPKINS WASN'T ENOUGH!?

WORST OF ALL - I CAN'T BLAME BOB FOR THIS STUPIDITY!

To be fair ET, think they are just hedging their bets trying to get something for Fuller before ends up gimp again and IR. Just saying. 😎

• Like 1