Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

@ET80 @jrry32

Aside from the times he’s actually been off the field, is Cooks cooked? Was a quality player in NE and appeared to be doing well early in LA.

Injuries are the problem. He can still play, but he doesn't stay healthy. And after he got that concussion last year, he seemed like he was playing hesitantly.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 2:03 PM, TakeTheBallDeep said:

The Falcons wouldn't look to trade Julio Jones until after the season would they? I think he recently signed an extension and obviously he is loved by Arthur Blank and the fans but if they were to get the right offer would they consider it?

"rumors", meaning twitter/ig/youtube accts thristing for followers, say yes. however, i doubt it. nfl turn arounds can happen in a year even with bad teams. the falcons are talented and pretty much inarguably better then their record.

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

@ET80 @jrry32

Aside from the times he’s actually been off the field, is Cooks cooked? Was a quality player in NE and appeared to be doing well early in LA.

I think he's finally dialed in now - he's posted 17/229/2 over the last two games, looks very fast and elusive once he gets the ball in his hands. He's getting open pretty frequently now, so I'm expecting his numbers to continue to climb.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think he's finally dialed in now - he's posted 17/229/2 over the last two games, looks very fast and elusive once he gets the ball in his hands. He's getting open pretty frequently now, so I'm expecting his numbers to continue to climb.

Well yeah, once you guys trade Fuller he’s going to get 35 targets a game.

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Well yeah, once you guys trade Fuller he’s going to get 35 targets a game.

If Fuller gets me back into the first, I'm OK with it. Kenny Stills is basically promoted to the Cooks role, Cooks is promoted to the Fuller role...

If you think about it, they're virtually the same person...

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

If Fuller gets me back into the first, I'm OK with it. Kenny Stills is basically promoted to the Cooks role, Cooks is promoted to the Fuller role...

Fuller is gonna net you a 1st? Or are you saying with the pick he gives back you could trade up into the 1st?

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Well, unless you're playing Gregg Williams.

Fuller and Cooks are basically the same player save for the fact that Fuller gets injured below the equator versus Cooks above.  Against Gregg "Kill the Head, the Body will Follow" Williams, Fuller probably misses 3-4 weeks with a knee or hamstring pull when his body keeps moving after his lights have been put out.  With Cooks, he very well might not be getting back up... at all... for any further career.

To anyone thinking the Falcons would trade Matt Ryan or Julio, don't. They literally can't be traded without causing the Falcons massive salary cap penalties and causing them to be way over the cap. The Falcons aren't going to risk draft picks to trade away one of the two best players in franchise history. Let alone both of them. If they do trade them, it won't be until after 6/1/2021.