So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

Just now, beardown3231 said:

I can see them taking Lance. Fields and Lawrence will be gone, and odds are Wilson will be, too. They're somewhat stuck with Foles in 2021, so perhaps they sit Lance on the bench all year since all reports are that he's raw. 

As long as they take the highest rated guy, I don't care who they take. I think regardless of who it is, unless they have 3-4 years of starting in college, they should sit

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I can see them taking Lance. Fields and Lawrence will be gone, and odds are Wilson will be, too. They're somewhat stuck with Foles in 2021, so perhaps they sit Lance on the bench all year since all reports are that he's raw. 

Why won't the Bears trade up? 😕

And I hope you're wrong about Lance. I'd much rather have Purdy or Trask. 

20 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Foles may get traded or cut. He embarrassed himself this year and it will be an entirely new staff 

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'd much rather have Trask. He's shown to be a very good college QB going up against some NFL caliber competition weekly in the SEC. 

Plus did we not just learn our lesson after taking the raw athlete QB who had good traits but was less proven and played against weaker competition over taking the near sure thing in Watson?

I'm done with this organization overthinking themselves and thinking theyre smarter than everyone else  and taking the wrong players.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'd much rather have Trask. He's shown to be a very good college QB going up against some NFL caliber competition weekly in the SEC. 

Plus did we not just learn our lesson after taking the raw athlete QB who had good traits but was less proven and played against weaker competition over taking the near sure thing in Watson?

I'm done with this organization overthinking themselves and thinking theyre smarter than everyone else  and taking the wrong players.

If you are referring to Wilson I totally agree. I wasn’t impressed with him at all outside of his raw talent.

The guy has played No one and then plays Coastal Carolina and doesn’t look good at all.

Just now, Nads786 said:

If you are referring to Wilson I totally agree. I wasn’t impressed with him at all outside of his raw talent.

The guy has played No one and then plays Coastal Carolina and doesn’t look good at all.

I'm referring more to Lance but Wilson kind of applies to this as well. But at least with Wilson we have more than 1 year of starting tape to scrutinize.

Lance is a big big risk to me after what happened with Trubisky. I wouldn't touch him unless it's in the 2nd round. 

I think people are severely underrating Kyle Trask right now. He may be the 3rd QB to go come April.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Purdy in the top 10 would be a disgraceful selection

I'd rather have Trask than Lance too, although the upside is greater with Lance (however we saw how well the upside thing worked with Trubisky)

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm referring more to Lance but Wilson kind of applies to this as well. But at least with Wilson we have more than 1 year of starting tape to scrutinize.

Lance is a big big risk to me after what happened with Trubisky. I wouldn't touch him unless it's in the 2nd round. 

I think people are severely underrating Kyle Trask right now. He may be the 3rd QB to go come April.

Trask has a lot of Alex Smith in his game, for better or worse

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Purdy in the top 10 would be a disgraceful selection

I'd rather have Trask than Lance too, although the upside is greater with Lance (however we saw how well the upside thing worked with Trubisky)

Trask has a lot of Alex Smith in his game, for better or worse

Alex Smith is better than any QB we've had with this team for a long long time. I'd rather have a guy who can read a defense over a super athlete that can't any day of the week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Alex Smith is better than any QB we've had with this team for a long long time. I'd rather have a guy who can read a defense over a super athlete that can't any day of the week.

Oh absolutely. I'm just saying Smith has obvious flaws and I can see Trask having those same ones in the NFL. I can also see him having quite a bit of success, too.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh absolutely. I'm just saying Smith has obvious flaws and I can see Trask having those same ones in the NFL. I can also see him having quite a bit of success, too.

Well if he's going to be successful here then they need the right people at the top that know how to surround a young QB with solid support and this current regime ain't it.

First things first..fire them all

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Well if he's going to be successful here then they need the right people at the top that know how to surround a young QB with solid support and this current regime ain't it.

First things first..fire them all

An actual #1 WR and professional OT's would be the next steps after an actual FO :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

An actual #1 WR and professional OT's would be the next steps after an actual FO :)

Yup Robinson can go and get his money elsewhere even if it's in GB.

Good player but not clutch. Too many boneheaded mistakes this season. 

It was fun while it lasted but we need the draft pick more than the value we'll get resigning him

Where does everyone rank the QB class now.  I think 6 QBs will be taken in the 1st round

1 Lawrence ~ obvious 

2 fields ~ also obvious 

3 Wilson ~ He’s getting more buzz than lance and he’s a proven starter in college not a one year wonder.  Most mocks have him as the 3rd QB.  

4 Trask ~ Prototypical size .  Is playing very well against quality competition.  

5 Mac Jones ~ He is having too good of a season against the best talent in the nation.  Adequate arm strength great accuracy and a good deep ball.  I would feel good if the bears ended up with Mac Jones.     

6 Lance ~ He is a one year wonder against a lower level of competition.  He relies on his talent and superior physical traits to dominate his college opponents .  I doubt his game will translate to the NFL where he won’t be able to get by on talent alone.  He is a sure fire bust if the bears draft him because this organization can not develop a QB.  

I hope we get 1 Trask or 2 Jones.  Top three seem out of reach.