So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

Imo  Tag and Trade Robinson, Trade Hicks, Trade Goldman.... see what you can get for Anthony Miller too.

As painful as that would be, that's the first step in moving away from the 3-4. Which is what the Bears should be doing if Nagy is fired...

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

As painful as that would be, that's the first step in moving away from the 3-4. Which is what the Bears should be doing if Nagy is fired...

Wasn't actually trying to change the defense per se....

Hicks is just the best DL we have, but old and likely not going to survive our rebuild over the next 3 years. Better to sell while he has value.

Goldman is a stud as well, and young, but let's be honest....We need to shift money away from the defense ASAP. McCullers can be a space eater in the middle in Goldman's place for less money.

Fuller is where I'd draw the line.... He's a stud and getting paid like one, but I'm ok keeping that money invested there, at least until we have to pay Johnson. I would however, entertain offers on him I suppose just to get things done but I don't expect he'd actually get shipped out as well.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We aren’t trading away defensive players. There isn’t free agents on offense worth losing our defensive talent.

We are going to have to draft our way out of this.

Agree, but with the cap going down, expect to lose SOMEBODY. Who? I have no clue.

14 hours ago, Epyon said:

Imo  Tag and Trade Robinson, Trade Hicks, Trade Goldman.... see what you can get for Anthony Miller too.

Extend McCullers to replace Goldman, use whatever picks we gain from the above as capital to trade up for Wilson, revamp the OL, and if we still have picks, grab an ILB and a speedier WR or Two. Cap savings gets invested in either OL, upside ILB, or upside DL

I'd also call Arizona about getting Andy Isabella-WR if the price was right.

Why? Andy Isabella is uh not that good. He's Darnell Mooney light.

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'd rather have a comp pick than Darnold if those were my only two options. Losing ARob for a poor one year rental seems like a step down from the Foles trade. 

Trading Arob for Darnold gives us a former top draft pick QB who might be better outside of the cluster f**k that is NYJ - it allows us to not take a QB at the top of the draft but have to worry about waiting for him to develop. We can then take offensive picks - specifically oline and WR - in the draft to surround darnold. We get a year to see how he does, and if it's not a fit, we can let him walk. 

The difference is that we don't have to wait a full year to get a 3rd round pick and get a young QB that might be in a bad situation. Yes, if we could get the jet's 2nd 1st rounder for ARob, that might be more ideal. However, NY would probably much rather get rid of Darnold since they are going to take Lawrence/Fields, get Arob for a QB they don't need, and keep that 2nd first for more help for their new qb

I am 100% against giving anything up for Sam Darnold.  If we wanted a non functioning QB with a fine draft pedigree we could extend Mitch.  Even IF he turns out to be good in a better situation than NYJ (and are the Bears actually, you know, better?) then we are going to knee-cap ourselves vs the cap next year anyway. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Trading Arob for Darnold gives us a former top draft pick QB who might be better outside of the cluster f**k that is NYJ - it allows us to not take a QB at the top of the draft but have to worry about waiting for him to develop. We can then take offensive picks - specifically oline and WR - in the draft to surround darnold. We get a year to see how he does, and if it's not a fit, we can let him walk. 

The difference is that we don't have to wait a full year to get a 3rd round pick and get a young QB that might be in a bad situation. Yes, if we could get the jet's 2nd 1st rounder for ARob, that might be more ideal. However, NY would probably much rather get rid of Darnold since they are going to take Lawrence/Fields, get Arob for a QB they don't need, and keep that 2nd first for more help for their new qb

Meh I think we're all dreaming if we think that Darnold would come to Chicago and suddenly turn his career around and solve the QB position for us, because it can be argued that it is just as much of a cluster **** with the Bears as it is with the Jets.  I mean how would he be in any better of a situation here?  

Personally I would not give up much for a player like Darnold who is essentially a 1-year band aid, if that.  Which team would be willing to commit $20+M to him per year on a new contract based on 1-year of good play, hypothetically speaking, if he has a good year in 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

We are a cluster F. 

• Like 1

I think Pace and Nagy sell that they need to improve the OL, so they invest heavily there and get one more shot with Foles. They might draft a QB to cover their *****, but gun to my head I think they're both back unless this completely falls apart.

Unless we make the playoffs then mark my words Nagy will not be back.. and with the team basically needing to win at least 5 out of their last 6 games to make that happen it's unlikely that will be the case.

There is simply no excuse for starting out 5-1 and then missing the playoffs with the worst offense in the NFL.

27 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Just another indictment on Nagy...he let go of a real good defensive mind in Brandon Staley, who is now DC of the Rams, to hire Chuck Pagano after Fangio left for Denver.

This just makes me question his evaluation skills even more.

He didn't let go of him. His contract was up and he decided to follow Vic to Denver. LA then hired him in a promotion to be their DC this year. find a new slant