So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Him and Darrisaw are very high quality OT2.

Or Kyle Pitts in 1 and OT in round 2?

If there is a new regime I will live with them not taking QB as long as I don’t have to watch Foles.

Another TE dude...really?

Pitts is a very good prospect but that would be dumb

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If Pitts is the best player on the board I take him.

However Devonta Smith would be very attractive too, assuming Robinson does leave in some capacity.

I get the appeal with those guys but I'm either taking a QB or OL in the 1st.

There's no way around that 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Why? He is an elite difference making talent.

I don’t think Cole Kmet makes you pass on that.

Because I think it's poor value to take skill position players in the 1st, especially if you're in the top-10. Those guys are a dime a dozen and can be found in later rounds.

History has proven many times that taking TEs and WRs in the 1sr round works out less often than not and as I said above this team needs OL and a QB way more than another TE

Edited by topwop1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Because I think it's poor value to take skill position players in the 1st, especially if you're in the top-10. Those guys are a dime a dozen and can be found in later rounds.

History has proven many times that taking TEs and WRs in the 1sr round works out less often than not and as I said above this team needs OL and a QB way more than another TE

If it's Pace, take an OT.

If it's someone else, fine take a QB.

20 minutes ago, Pool said:

So what about this Trubisky guy? 

Someone will be getting a good back-up

Zach Wilson is an interesting guys but he might have just a little to much Trubisky to him for my liking...didn't do much and stat behind no one before putting up a monster season...no doubt he will knock it out the park at his interviews and work outs as well...just a red flag in my mind...

Mac Jones is the guy I am really starting to become interested in...no one is throwing a better deep ball in college football right now and he is so poised in the pocket when it comes to working through his reads...of course the counter to him being good is that he is surrounded by elite talent everywhere on the field but he can only work with what he is asked to and if we do make a coaching change to someone like Arthur Smith who will run the ball and throw deep then Jones could be a quality fit even with his limited ceiling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Zach Wilson is an interesting guys but he might have just a little to much Trubisky to him for my liking...didn't do much and stat behind no one before putting up a monster season...no doubt he will knock it out the park at his interviews and work outs as well...just a red flag in my mind...

Mac Jones is the guy I am really starting to become interested in...no one is throwing a better deep ball in college football right now and he is so poised in the pocket when it comes to working through his reads...of course the counter to him being good is that he is surrounded by elite talent everywhere on the field but he can only work with what he is asked to and if we do make a coaching change to someone like Arthur Smith who will run the ball and throw deep then Jones could be a quality fit even with his limited ceiling.

The difference is Wilson has played a lot more football than Trubisky did coming out. Wilson's season so far is also better than Trubisky's only season at UNC.

Jones is interesting. It's really hard to get a read on him. For now I'd say no- yesterday was dump off after dump off- but who knows?

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Is that supposed to be "sat" behind, if it is he has started since his freshman season. Wilson's red flags as of now are his injury history, playing against lower competition, and his attitiude that he can make/fit any throw any where (that can also be a good thing).

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The difference is Wilson has played a lot more football than Trubisky did coming out. Wilson's season so far is also better than Trubisky's only season at UNC.

Jones is interesting. It's really hard to get a read on him. For now I'd say no- yesterday was dump off after dump off- but who knows?

My issue with Jones is that he rarely has to make plays under pressure. Bama is fielding top WRs and OL every game, year after year. Even then you see where he still has sporadic accuracy (ball placement, not completion percentage) To move the needle for me I want to see him make throws with a ton of pressure in his face, I've seen Wilson and Trask both do that with regularity. He does deliver some nice deep throws though, but still I want to see it while he knows he's about to get crushed. No way someone gets to stay that clean and at ease in the NFL.

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Here is my stance at the QB spot

-The Bears have to draft someone in rounds 1-3 this season.

-Mitch is welcome back on a backup-spot starter deal to compete.

-I never want to see Nick Foles take another snap again.

LOL sorry man but this is funny to me.

The back and forth people are having with Mitch after a bad game or a good game is pretty comical.

The way things are set up with this team right now is that Foles is going to be back here next season regardless because of his contract situation.

I've been one of Mitch's staunchest supporters over the years but I just don't see how he is back with this team next season given his contract situation, the Bears cap situation and the real possibility that this team could have both new management and coaching staffs next season.

Even if Nagy returns then how is he going to sell Mitch on staying here after he basically abandoned him for ****ty Nick Foles.

I believe the writing is on the wall and that it is a foregone conclusion that this is his last season with the Bears. 

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This is where i'm at. Take Slater or Darrisaw in the 1st, Jones in the 2nd, then someone like Spencer Brown or top WR in the 3rd.

Hire Daboll or Smith as HC

Edited by HuskieBear
added coach thoughts

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

LOL sorry man but this is funny to me.

The back and forth people are having with Mitch after a bad game or a good game is pretty comical.

The way things are set up with this team right now is that Foles is going to be back here next season regardless because of his contract situation.

I've been one of Mitch's staunchest supporters over the years but I just don't see how he is back with this team next season given his contract situation, the Bears cap situation and the real possibility that this team could have both new management and coaching staffs next season.

Even if Nagy returns then how is he going to sell Mitch on staying here after he basically abandoned him for ****ty Nick Foles.

I believe the writing is on the wall and that it is a foregone conclusion that this is his last season with the Bears. 

We are going to need someone to start week 1 of the 2021 season. That person cannot be Nick Foles.

Is Mitch going to have a better offer and spot than the Bears?

Will the Bears have a better option that Mitch?

It isn't excitement about Mitch. It is the realization that they may not have a better option than each other.