Steelers/Titans game Rescheduled to Week 7; Steelers/Ravens to Week 8

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Ah... totally missed that they had the same bye week. In that case, you don’t have to delay the season unless there is another breakout. Usually it is very difficult reshuffling bye weeks because multiple teams are impacted. 

I remember the Ravens getting screwed the years they played Pitt in the AFC Championship or something, because there was a postponed game and Baltimore had to take their bye in week 2 or something ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Forfeiting games is not the way to go though.  Playoff spots shouldn't be determined with forfeits figuring in the mix.  Conversely, teams that suck shouldn't be rewarded with better draft spots by forfeiting either.  Imagine the furor if washington and the NY Giants were tied for the Lawrence lottery ticket, when all of a sudden one had to forfeit due to COVID tests, and thus got to draft Lawrence.  I could see teams doing it intentionally.

Yeah to anyone who thinks a forfeit is a good idea I hope your team has a great year and makes the playoffs... and then has several false negatives (can't hope for them to actually get it) and has to forfeit their playoff game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Shame that someone who works less than 30 weeks a year has to change their week off. Not sure why he thinks taking it to people who are lucky to get 2 weeks vacation per year would sympathize with him (besides Steeler fans cause he plays for them).

Ahh yes....wouldnt be you without trolling Steeler fans.    I would say the same about any player of any team.   

The NFL screwed the pooch here.   The guy just wanted to spend time with his kid on his birthday, which he likely hasnt got to do in years.    

Sad how some of you just wanna act like d bags for a player simply expressing disappointment and frustration over the situation.  

No one is saying people have to show him sympathy....but ridiculing a guy for wanting to spend time with his kid on his birthday?  

Edited by 43M
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Ahh yes....wouldnt be you without trolling Steeler fans.    I would say the same about any player of any team.   

The NFL screwed the pooch here.   The guy just wanted to spend time with his kid on his birthday, which he likely hasnt got to do in years.    

Sad how some of you just wanna act like d bags for a player simply expressing disappointment and frustration over the situation.  

No one is saying people have to show him sympathy....but ridiculing a guy for wanting to spend time with his kid on his birthday?  

As far as the Steelers fan comment that was just because fans usually support their players, that's why Steeler fans, in this instance or whatever fanbase he had would sympathize with him. It wasn't a knock on the fanbase, same would likely be true with whoever he played for.

He can celebrate with his kid this weekend and see him after the game on his birthday.

He comes off as really insensitive to those who now have to battle Covid and only worried about a birthday party that is weeks away that he can re-plan. Can't exactly put off positive Covid tests until it is convenient for him. Yeah, it's not ideal but this is 2020, it can't be the first thing that went wrong for him this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Don't have kids do you? This is likely something he was looking forward to that he's now been screwed out of. I would be pissed.

"how did this become our problem" is an out of touch doofus comment no matter what, sorry. I get why it's frustrating but you're not gonna make me feel all fake concerned about Eric Ebron given what the hell is actually going on right now. These guys are just here to provide a modicum of normalcy, they probably shouldn't be playing at all IMO if we had any of the right priorities but I'm certainly not going to sit here and listen to their whining about minor inconveniences.  I lost my uncle to COVID but truly thoughts and prayers to this man for having to rearrange his days off. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 43M said:

You arent his shoes, though.

Its easy to say that as a fan, but as a father who misses a lot of time with hus kids due to the demands of the NFL....its probably beyond aggravating, especially if he promised his kid they'd spend that time together.

I'm a father of five.  I know what it's like to miss big moments in my kids' lives due to work.  I just have this bizarre notion that every personal complaint doesn't need to be expressed in social media.  Call me crazy.  

• Like 5

There are people with jobs that have a small fraction of the pay that Ebron will bring in this year that require far more time to spent away from family. Frankly, NFL players aren't asked that much in this regard. Ebron comes off like an entitled, out of touch moron.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, warfelg said:

Titans had a bye week on week 7.

Steelers Ravens had a week 7 game and shared week 8 bye week.

Steelers-Ravens will end up playing week 8, Steelers-Titans week 7.

Steelers will end up playing 3 straight road games and 4 of 5 on the road thanks to this.  I wonder if the NFL is going to investigate what happened that someone brought it in and spread it that much.  Here we were so worried about wiping out an entire positional group and it's really random who it hit.  I'm frustrated that this kinda rewards the Titans if someone did something stupid that they shouldn't have.  I know lots of coaches have been fined for mask issues.  You have this outbreak and the Raiders thing.  I think they should look into it and take away picks potentially for these mishaps.

Niners had a week 4 bye, a ton of injuries, and made the damn superbowl last year

granted we did have the #1 seed which meant a bye week, something pittsburgh most likely wont get. Just saying. This is the NFL. week 4 byes are a thing. 

Steelers have been consistently good for basically 20 years, so no one is going to shed a tear for them. nor should anyone

• Like 1

8 hours ago, titanrick said:

I'm a father of five.  I know what it's like to miss big moments in my kids' lives due to work.  I just have this bizarre notion that every personal complaint doesn't need to be expressed in social media.  Call me crazy.  

This is my take - I get he's upset, I'd be upset too. No need to take it to the Twitter, though. 

He'll have to rearrange birthday plans for his son, but let's be realistic - he's got the resources to make significant changes to his plans on the fly.