Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

4 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Yep, my improv coach warned me about putting ketchup on hot dogs when I was going.  I thought he was joking at first, but it's a serious social faux pas?

In Chicago it is.  My guess is that if you ordered a plain hot dog and put ketchup on it everyone would know you were from out of town.  Then someone would mug you.....LOL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Wait is that official?

Its 100% confirmed Lazor called plays for you guys today? Like the entire game script?

It would seem to be so based on what we know right now.  Any further confirmation would more than likely come today or later in the week when Nagy is asked about it during a presser.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Yes, Nagy finally admitted it after the game.

Lazor was also the play caller when we had a mini 4-5 game offensive surge last year.

OK, then he has confirmed it.  I guess that would mean Lazor also had the most input in creating the game plan as well.  Funny how things just work better when you play to peoples strengths.

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I guarantee. Next week, if the Bears offense plays bad, then you will see "Nagy's play-calling" even from those who believe right now that the offense suddenly got better this week because Lazor took over at play-calling.

If all we had to go on was just this one game I might be more in agreement but much the same happened last year when Lazor was calling plays.  Then Nagy took back the call sheet for the playoff game and.......zip all over again.

I think it's safe to assume that Nagy will also claim credit for having significant input but you have to admit the offense did look far more together this week and the pass protection was significantly better overall.

I get that Detroit is nowhere near as tough as Cleveland was but they also played Baltimore to the wire last week, held them under 20 points, and actually should have won that game.  We were only a 3 point favorite at home so it was still seen as a toss up game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, soulman said:

Lazor calls plays 24+ points every time.  Nagy calls plays 13-17 points.  Who should call plays?

Hmmm. 

Pace?

19 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Yep, my improv coach warned me about putting ketchup on hot dogs when I was going.  I thought he was joking at first, but it's a serious social faux pas?

Maybe in Chicago? It's gross either way. 

18 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No. It's all speculation.

Nagy thanked "Bill" for the playcalling. Don't think there's much "speculation" there.

18 hours ago, WindyCity said:

How many games offensively have we thrown away on Matt Nagy’s ego?

You're mean.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Nagy thanked "Bill" for the playcalling. Don't think there's much "speculation" there.

The media taking a single word and running with it all of a sudden means it's undebatable lol now. Maybe I'm getting old but this only backs up everything I said here about people believing everything they read.

I'd point out that watching the game, Nagy still has his playcalling sheet in hand about half the time the gamecast showed him. I made a specific point to look for it during the game. I doubt he's anywhere near as "hands off" as I expect most of us would prefer.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:48 PM, Sugashane said:

Jagbag is the dumbest way to call someone a jerkoff or d-bag I've ever heard. If I hear someone say it I automatically think their parents are cousins. *** shrugs***

Sir I'm 270 pounds of twisted steel, sex appeal, and gluttonous appetite. I'd still likely eat the hot dog with both ketchup and sauerkraut.

Mike North who was a popular sports radio host for many years in Chicago owned a hot dog stand and while neither jag bag nor not putting catsup on hot dogs originated with him - him ranting about both all the time really popularized both the word and the notion in the city.

I think the idea was a hot dog was some kind of delicacy like a steak.   You wouldn’t put ketchup on a good steak so why put it on a hot dog?  I don’t put hot dogs in that category. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Mike North who was a popular sports radio host for many years in Chicago owned a hot dog stand and while neither jag bag nor not putting catsup on hot dogs originated with him - him ranting about both all the time really popularized both the word and the notion in the city.

I think the idea was a hot dog was some kind of delicacy like a steak.   You wouldn’t put ketchup on a good steak so why put it on a hot dog?  I don’t put hot dogs in that category. 

Doing carpentry for several years with my brother we would start every day with the same routine. Leave the house and pick my brother up. Stop at a gas station right by his house and we would both get a 44oz soda and two for $2 hot dogs each since we already had our coffee and waters in the truck. He'd get a pack of smokes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Wash rinse repeat. 

While Chicago hot dogs are certainly better than those, after 2-3 years with that routine any chance of hot dogs being special or compared with steak to me is almost sacrilege. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Doing carpentry for several years with my brother we would start every day with the same routine. Leave the house and pick my brother up. Stop at a gas station right by his house and we would both get a 44oz soda and two for $2 hot dogs each since we already had our coffee and waters in the truck. He'd get a pack of smokes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Wash rinse repeat. 

While Chicago hot dogs are certainly better than those, after 2-3 years with that routine any chance of hot dogs being special or compared with steak to me is almost sacrilege. 

LOL that is disgusting.   I would never eat a gas station hot dog.   

I guess I am a snob like that.

In south they have these communal pots at gas stations where they sell boiled peanuts.   That communal pot at a gas station is only thing more disgusting to me than eating a hot dog.  

Also the donuts.   

Maybe it is smell and lack of cleanliness of gas station bathrooms that makes eating anything not in a package from there disgusting to me.

I won't even get coffee at a gas station.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

LOL that is disgusting.   I would never eat a gas station hot dog.   

I guess I am a snob like that.

In south they have these communal pots at gas stations where they sell boiled peanuts.   That communal pot at a gas station is only thing more disgusting to me than eating a hot dog.  

Also the donuts.   

Maybe it is smell and lack of cleanliness of gas station bathrooms that makes eating anything not in a package from there disgusting to me.

I won't even get coffee at a gas station.

That's a warning for making me feel ashamed. Lol.  

Does it make it better if my "food" and coffee was free quite a bit?  There were two people there who would rather me get it for free than pay change for my $3.24 with a $100 bill. To me it was just quick protein and I didn't want to wake up the babies while making food in the morning.

To be fair we lived in a smaller rural area so the gas station was pretty nice and clean. Not saying quality was great by any means but nothing like the bathrooms here in the city. 

• Like 2