2021 Draft Thread

John232

4 hours ago, mrscottso said:

You guys study this stuff way more than I do. But I definitely believe we need Fords replacement with our first pick. Two seasons ago when Ford was out, our Pass rush dropped dramatically.

What about grabbing Rousseau, or trading back and taking Paye?

I have reservations about Rousseau's bend and speed. 

Paye? I also have doubts about Michigan DLs...I do not trust that Harbaugh's staff know what they are doing. 

23 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

After reading this, I thought his full name was Mac McCorkle Jones.

If his football career doesn’t work out I feel really good about Mac McCorkle attorney at law. Sounds like a winner every day of the week. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ehm4vq0on3nwh9jt5t

• Like 3

The guy speaks Mandarin. He would be high in demand outside of the sports world with that and his Masters degree. 

Mac Jones is one very smart dude. If he busts, it won't be because he cannot grasp an offense or read a defense. One of the reasons I would be okay with him if we chose to take him. BUT, we better invest in the O line if we do. We should anyway!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The guy speaks Mandarin. He would be high in demand outside of the sports world with that and his Masters degree. 

Mac Jones is one very smart dude. If he busts, it won't be because he cannot grasp an offense or read a defense. One of the reasons I would be okay with him if we chose to take him. BUT, we better invest in the O line if we do. We should anyway!

And he's been fighting fiercely for this in spite of being too small since about middle school. He is also 22. Like. That's only a touch younger than Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold.

39 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Moehrig is a player for sure and I'd love to get Chicago's 1 next year, as they have a pretty decent chance of completely imploding this year. It really depends on who is available at that pick, but that is something I would be very interested in.

• Like 3

Question for the masses:

It seems like Zach Wilson is the consensus favorite QB prospect among our group, but it looks like he's not going to last past the 2nd pick in the draft. 

Fields is most likely going to be scooped up next somewhere between picks 4-8, which leaves Lance and Jones as the next two QBs available. 

Let's say both of these guys are sitting there at pick 12. Who is the more attractive prospect?  

4 hours ago, GW21 said:

Moehrig is a player for sure and I'd love to get Chicago's 1 next year, as they have a pretty decent chance of completely imploding this year. It really depends on who is available at that pick, but that is something I would be very interested in.

I'll need to watch more on Moehrig then... I don't mind a full year from T Moore just to see.

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Question for the masses:

It seems like Zach Wilson is the consensus favorite QB prospect among our group, but it looks like he's not going to last past the 2nd pick in the draft. 

Fields is most likely going to be scooped up next somewhere between picks 4-8, which leaves Lance and Jones as the next two QBs available. 

Let's say both of these guys are sitting there at pick 12. Who is the more attractive prospect?  

Lance. Upside. 

But I'd probably punt either way at that point

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Question for the masses:

If we are sticking with Jimmy as QB I want Lance and to have him sit this year or I til needed. 

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'll need to watch more on Moehrig then... I don't mind a full year from T Moore just to see.

Just to be clear, I don't think we should be going safety in round 1, but I do like what I've seen from Moehrig. 

• Like 1