Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

DL Ade Ogundeji, Notre Dame
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 256
Wing: 85 3/8”
Arm: 35 1/4”

Hand: 9 5/8”

Check out those levers!!!!!!!!  🤩

Are we reasonably sure that Baalke won't take him over Trevor lawrence at #1?

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Are we reasonably sure that Baalke won't take him over Trevor lawrence at #1?

Right?!

Rather like this guy and his measurements were decent...That name! His first name is Hannibal Barca's father's name. The Geography teacher in me eats that up! Saw a rep or two of his I liked in the practices, too. 

LB Hamilcar Rashed Jr., Oregon State
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 254
Wing: 82 7/8”
Arm: 33 3/4”
Hand: 10 1/8”

• Like 1

idk if it has been discussed, but does anyone think that Goff being in Detroit means they are highly likely to pass up drafting a QB? Carolina, I assume is going to be trying to jump Atlanta..they go Fields/Lance..then Atlana probably passes on Lance at that point..

Kind of an interesting ripple effect. I think there's a really good chance Lance/Fields ends up at our pick. 

16 minutes ago, John232 said:

idk if it has been discussed, but does anyone think that Goff being in Detroit means they are highly likely to pass up drafting a QB? Carolina, I assume is going to be trying to jump Atlanta..they go Fields/Lance..then Atlana probably passes on Lance at that point..

Kind of an interesting ripple effect. I think there's a really good chance Lance/Fields ends up at our pick. 

I do think it's likely that they go elsewhere, but I'm not going to completely rule it out. But I'd say the odds of them doing so are pretty low. FWIW, I think that Lance is there regardless. The interesting team there may be Carolina, but if he gets past there, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes much later than people anticipate. 

17 minutes ago, John232 said:

I don't think Detroit goes QB this year. They have other needs and will look to address the QB position next year when they have two first round picks.

Carolina is definitely looking for a QB. We may need to jump them to get a QB. 

Atlanta can go QB but I think they stick with Ryan for one more season and then look for a QB in 2022. 

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think Detroit goes QB this year. They have other needs and will look to address the QB position next year when they have two first round picks.

Carolina is definitely looking for a QB. We may need to jump them to get a QB. 

Atlanta can go QB but I think they stick with Ryan for one more season and then look for a QB in 2022. 

I think no on Atlanta as well. They really would be wasting half a rookie contract with where they are at with Ryan's contract. 

Carolina worries me because it seems like not only are they hard core in on a QB, but the scuttle seems to be that they are being very aggressive in their pursuit of adding to the position. So it may not be enough to just jump ahead of them because they may jump up themselves. 

I still think that it's unlikely we go QB, so may be for naught.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I think no on Atlanta as well. They really would be wasting half a rookie contract with where they are at with Ryan's contract. 

Carolina worries me because it seems like not only are they hard core in on a QB, but the scuttle seems to be that they are being very aggressive in their pursuit of adding to the position. So it may not be enough to just jump ahead of them because they may jump up themselves. 

I still think that it's unlikely we go QB, so may be for naught.

I think Mac Jones goes to Carolina @ 8.

24 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think Mac Jones goes to Carolina @ 8.

You might be right but I still think that is insane... Mac should be a 3rd round guy similar to Trask. If we go with Jones I will lose my mind the same as with Trask.

Edit: at least in the first round and possibly the 2nd as well.

Edited by Ftn49

Just now, Ftn49 said:

You might be right but I still think that is insane... Mac should be a 3rd round guy similar to Trask. If we go with Jones I will lose my mind the same as with Trask.

I would grudgingly like Jones, absolutely be ecstatic about Wilson, but would really be scared if we took Fields or Lance or any other QB not named Trevor/Mac/Zach in the 1st round. 

Outside of the 1st, I want Davis Mills--a project with upside. 

• Like 1

Watching the Senior Bowl game now and it just further cements for me how badly I want Amari Rodgers in this offense. He'd be perfect insurance for Deebo. Maybe even supplant him in the offense down the road if Deebo can't stay off the trainer's table. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

Miami Dolphins trade No. 3, No. 18, No. 81, Tua Tagovailoa, Xavien Howard, and a 2022 first-round pick to the Houston Texans for Deshaun Watson and pick No. 120. 

San Francisco 49ers trade No. 12, No. 44, No. 116, and a 2022 first-round pick to the Houston Texans for No. 3 overall. 

Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch just watched their division-rival Rams make an aggressive move to upgrade their quarterback position with the trade for Matthew Stafford, so it’s time for their counter move. Instead of giving up two first-round picks for a 33-year-old quarterback, the 49ers can “one-up” the competition by making an aggressive move up the order for Zach Wilson. Not only can Wilson hit the rhythm throws in Shanahan’s offense, but he brings mobility and an exciting vertical passing component to the table that has been missing in San Francisco. Wilson has the skill set to take Shannahan’s offense to the next level and provide a long-term answer to the position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

Miami Dolphins trade No. 3, No. 18, No. 81, Tua Tagovailoa, Xavien Howard, and a 2022 first-round pick to the Houston Texans for Deshaun Watson and pick No. 120. 

San Francisco 49ers trade No. 12, No. 44, No. 116, and a 2022 first-round pick to the Houston Texans for No. 3 overall. 

Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch just watched their division-rival Rams make an aggressive move to upgrade their quarterback position with the trade for Matthew Stafford, so it’s time for their counter move. Instead of giving up two first-round picks for a 33-year-old quarterback, the 49ers can “one-up” the competition by making an aggressive move up the order for Zach Wilson. Not only can Wilson hit the rhythm throws in Shanahan’s offense, but he brings mobility and an exciting vertical passing component to the table that has been missing in San Francisco. Wilson has the skill set to take Shannahan’s offense to the next level and provide a long-term answer to the position.

I would flinch just a bit at what we traded to get there, but would be SOOOOOOO pumped to get Zach Wilson! We of course have no idea how good he will be, but I do believe he is the rookie who could hit the ground running best. Not saying any of the others couldn't excel with Shanny, just think he might excel the quickest of these. 

• Like 2