2021 Draft Thread

John232

That's steep but fair at the same time. I'm good with that trade if Shanny believes in Wilson. 

Also, the Texans would lose Watson, but are set up very well otherwise in that scenario. Especially if they're high on Tua

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

In the mid-range yes. Top level, 1st round talent? Nope. IMO, that is. 

I agree. I'd definitely pass on Rousseau in the first and I'd consider Paye in the first, but would need to be convinced more. All I've read about Ossai is that he's better standing up as a 3-4 OLB, so pass. I'd consider Phillips in the second, but he has medical red flags, which is less than ideal for this team. I hear great things about Ojulari, but he's built exactly like Ossai. 

I think right now, Hamilcar Rashed is my dude. I think after his pro-day/combine, his measurables will shoot him up to high-to-mid 2nd round, right where we're picking.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree. I'd definitely pass on Rousseau in the first and I'd consider Paye in the first, but would need to be convinced more. All I've read about Ossai is that he's better standing up as a 3-4 OLB, so pass. I'd consider Phillips in the second, but he has medical red flags, which is less than ideal for this team. I hear great things about Ojulari, but he's built exactly like Ossai. 

I think right now, Hamilcar Rashed is my dude. I think after his pro-day/combine, his measurables will shoot him up to high-to-mid 2nd round, right where we're picking.  

I guess I wouldn't mind Ojulair especially if his role is what Dee Ford's role was. He does have a quick first step.

I like Rashed too. Patrick Jones seemed to make a ton of noise this past weeked?

Thoughts on Toney? Victor Dimukeje? Carlos Basham jr?

14 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I guess I wouldn't mind Ojulair especially if his role is what Dee Ford's role was. He does have a quick first step.

I like Rashed too. Patrick Jones seemed to make a ton of noise this past weeked?

I haven't had a chance to look into those guys much yet. I expect I will dive deep into more prospects this month and next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

57 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Thirded. Love the day 2, early day 3 types. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I like Dimukeje as a developmental guy. He's very fluid guy who's able to convert speed to power and has some quickness in his bag as well. But there are some warts in his game that make me think he may be better suited as a 3-4 OLB. And that's mainly against the run.

Basham is solid but he looks like more of a power rusher imo. Not quick off the line but he has good power.

Jones had a rough week@the Senior Bowl pratices but had a pretty good showing in the game. I still like him but I saw some things in the pratice reps that are concerning.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Agree. There are some solid guys with upside but none who you can look at and think they're future high-level starters at the pro level.

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Agree. There are some solid guys with upside but none who you can look at and think they're future high-level starters at the pro level.

Yeah me personally I'm looking at someone who can fill in for Ford(when he's cut/retires) so I don't mind a mid round pick or two on a couple of dudes who can somewhat fill Ford's shoes.

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Wouldn't worry too much on the 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE thing personally. We need a edge rusher than can bring soms speed and in most cases those guys will be typecast as 3-4 OLB's because they don't hold up on the edge in the run game as much. However for us we use a big end on most plays anyway and whoever we draft will not be a full time player because of that.