2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Sure

Better than giving your team an undeserved W.

If the Browns were getting screwed, you would be singing a different tune.

Personally, I dont even care about the W.   Just cancel the games and have the Titans opponents only play 15 games.

For the record, I dont even blame the Titans.   I blame the pathetic NFL front office for not being prepared.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

2 teams vs 13 teams

Who gets more screwed?

If they don't make them play, what's wrong with it being delayed?

Is it simply because people want to see a game RIGHT NOW?  
Is it the thought of some advantage being had by it being delayed?

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

2 teams vs 13 teams

Who gets more screwed?

Let's be honest for a moment can we?

You can eliminate Jax, Houston, Miami, NYJ, Denver, Cincinnati, and probably LAC, right now all of those teams are terrible.

So we are ACTUALLY talking about NE, KC, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cleveland(maybe), then adding Pitt and Buffalo, that's probably you're 7 playoff teams. Tennessee though, frankly might give someone like LV hope if they lost 2 games.

The biggest teams impacted by the Titans having for forfeit would be NE, Cleveland, and Baltimore.  But it's not 13 teams, not including Tennessee, it's 4, if we are being completely honest.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If they don't make them play, what's wrong with it being delayed?

Is it simply because people want to see a game RIGHT NOW?  
Is it the thought of some advantage being had by it being delayed?

Like I think there’s certainly someone that’s going to be screwed. Maybe they could postpone both games and make a week 18 and play the one that’s more important to seeding or standings. 

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But it's not everyone else's problem that Buffalo and Pittsburgh had their schedules completely jacked because its an advantage for the rest of the AFC... you see the hypocrisy in this don't you?

There is no perfect solution. Someone gets screwed. Now, you can screw two teams or 13 teams. 

Which sounds better?

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

The biggest teams impacted by the Titans having for forfeit would be NE, Cleveland, and Baltimore.  But it's not 13 teams, not including Tennessee, it's 4, if we are being completely honest.

4 v 2. Math still favors against forfeiture.

Just now, ET80 said:

There is no perfect solution. Someone gets screwed. Now, you can screw two teams or 13 teams. 

Which sounds better?

Like I said, its really 4 teams imo. I just don't see the really bad teams getting better. 

The only thing I care about is a message being sent to the league so big that they're scared to the core of ever violating these protocols again. Idc about getting a free win.

Just now, ET80 said:

4 v 2. Math still favors against forfeiture.

I agree but what I'm saying is that the people screaming against forfeiture because of competitive disadvantage had nothing to see about Pittsburgh getting screwed in that department with having to reschedule the game. Its hypocrisy imo 

17 minutes ago, 43M said:

If the Browns were getting screwed, you would be singing a different tune.

Personally, I dont even care about the W.   Just cancel the games and have the Titans opponents only play 15 games.

For the record, I dont even blame the Titans.   I blame the pathetic NFL front office for not being prepared.   

I might sing differently. I won’t BS you.

I agree about the nfl being at fault.

• Like 1

I know it's gonna fall on mostly deaf ears, but here it is.
Once the Titans organization found out about the workouts, they pulled the plug and the league made their announcement. 

Before you paint some wild west scene of protocol breaking actions just know how it went down.

Also how it possibly started:

Then LB/DC had the virus. 
NFL allowed the team to travel and play knowing this and because everyone tested negative allowed them to play. 

It's not a clear or even purposeful violation of the rules.

If the NFL is going to allow players to play with negative tests, then they should be allowed to play their games. If the NFL is going to take in account incubation periods then they need to adjust the WHOLE league and how they do business. 

42 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Doesn’t one of the potential division winners getting two bye weeks in the season give the same advantage?

That's earned by having the best record in conference, right?

What about a potential forfeiture is earned?

37 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

The response from the league following our first positive test was that we should put the whole team on a plane and fly to Minnesota. Top notch protocol.

Then they did the same thing with New England.

The league wants to make this about Tennessee's actions because if it's about Tennessee break protocol, well then that protocol must be just fine and dandy when what we are seeing is that they are making it up as they go along.

33 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree but what I'm saying is that the people screaming against forfeiture because of competitive disadvantage had nothing to see about Pittsburgh getting screwed in that department with having to reschedule the game. Its hypocrisy imo 

I don't disagree the Steelers are really put into a bind by this - which is why I'm all in for these "historic" fines.