2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

The murder comes from asking human beings to play three NFL games in seven days. Players have long complained about the health risk involved with a normal Thursday night game, adding another game on even less risk is lunacy.

Titans can bench every single starter for one of those games, it’s their choice to do or not. 

Not rocket science. You’re making this way mote complicated than it is. 

Edited by BayRaider

I'm not sure how the league as a whole feels about it, but rescheduling over a longer period of time seems like the best solution to me. Unless it really would mess things up, then it doesn't seem like any other solution equals it in terms of not having drawbacks or risks. Otherwise you are allowing the virus to likely spread and having teams field whoever they can, or having teams forfeit games that could prove to be critical to the playoff picture.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. If they have a combine 53 test negative on Saturday and Sunday, they play. No question in my mind. 

However, if they don’t have a 53, they should play on the Wednesday or Thursday right before the Bills bye in Mid November. Titans will play 3 games in 7 days, but they can choose to rest some starters for of those three games if they want. 

I don't know about 3 games in 7 days. That's unrealistic. 

NFL can't have it's cake and eat it too. Can't play and avoid all risk of transmission. 

Cause technically,  the testing is null and void if you count incubation period. Players are going to be negative one day and can be positive the next. 
We should be testing, but it's not going to to avoid things. 

Again I point to high school football. Players are playing, no REPORTED cases,  mainly because they aren't testing.  If someone is showing symptoms they can't play. 

Playing in this climate is a risk. Parents sign off on the risk and NFL players are signing off on the risk. 
Tests and put in protocols to avoid maximum risk. 

Forfeiting games is hitting a spot for me. I hate that idea with a passion.

Play it with who you got or reschedule. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

You’ve been taking some media pills, that’s for sure. I listen to 100% science and not religious at all but both of your perspectives seem to be media fear-mongering talking points. Media is all non-stop lies, propaganda, and fear mongering. 

There is no reason players cannot handle 3 games in 1 week, one time during the season only, and they can choose backups for one game if they wish to do so. If you think this is a “wild” take, then you’re one radical opinion away from flag football. 

6 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

I'm not sure how the league as a whole feels about it, but rescheduling over a longer period of time seems like the best solution to me. Unless it really would mess things up, then it doesn't seem like any other solution equals it in terms of not having drawbacks or risks. Otherwise you are allowing the virus to likely spread and having teams field whoever they can, or having teams forfeit games that could prove to be critical to the playoff picture.

I wouldn’t really have an issue with the Super Bowl being played as late as Mid March. Was thinking about the idea myself. You’d even be able to have fans this way (maybe 40% attendance) during the playoffs as COVID should be clearing up in February. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is no reason players cannot handle 3 games in 1 week, one time during the season only, and they can choose backups for one game if they wish to do so. If you think this is a “wild” take, then you’re one radical opinion away from flag football. 

That’s a horrible take. Three games in a week. You can’t be serious. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

That’s a horrible take. Three games in a week. You can’t be serious. 

Stop taking out of context. Feel like I'm facing news anchors right now. One game can be played with backups. It's better than forfeiting.

If not, figure something else out, like delaying the season a month. Forfeiting is an absolute joke, and you guys have defaulted to it with absolutely no other suggestions. At least I am coming up with suggestions.