2021 NFL Draft Thread

18 minutes ago, Woz said:

giphy.gif

I’m with you man. I’ve loved Micah Parsons since he first played in college. I’d love to get the guy. If we traded up and missed on the top 4 QBs and settled on taking Parsons, Sewell, Pitts, Chase or DeVonta Smith I’d still be satisfied.

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think he’s a lot closer to the top then most want to give him credit for his release is effortless. He needs work but thanks for the mention. I’m glad to be tied to this guy I believe he has it.

I like that mentality! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Reports are that Kyle Shanahan is trading up to get Mac Jones because he sees Mac as a Matt Ryan/Kirk Cousins/Jimmy G type who will be perfect for his offense but we’ll see. 

Mac Jones at #3- now won't that be a kick in the head !

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think he’s a lot closer to the top then most want to give him credit for his release is effortless. He needs work but thanks for the mention. I’m glad to be tied to this guy I believe he has it.

Saw him do an interview, seems like a nice young man with a good head on his shoulders. They say he’s very cerebral and a very hard worker. 👍

• Like 2

With Keim mentioning OT as a position they intend to pursue, I’m intrigued by the results of Brady Christensen from the BYU pro day:

Height: 6'6″ (69th percentile)
Weight: 302 (13th)
Arm: 32 1/4 (4th)
Vertical: 34 (95th)
Broad: 124 (100th)
Bench: 30 reps (89th)
40-yard: 4.89 (96th)
Short shuttle: 4.46 (94th)
3-cone: 7.33 (95th)

Everything on that list screams future LT...except for one. I can’t find anyone who has played LT at a high level with arms that short. Joe Thomas was close (32.5”), but this kid is not Joe Thomas. Nor is almost anyone. What an athletic showing though, across the board.

His numbers, per PFF, this past season were also terrific. He and Darrisaw were the only OTs with pass and run blocking grades over 90. He stood alone as their top graded OL in the country. Some of that might be down to lesser competition, but that’s still awfully impressive. And the athletic ability suggests it can translate to playing against bigger, faster guys.

The nice thing is that maybe the height and arm length will scare off other teams and cause him to drop a bit. His age (already 23) could also be a concern for teams. I’d take this guy in the 2nd and not look back. If he can’t play LT, throw him in the mix with Saahdiq Charles and have two talented, athletic guys vying for spots at G and RT. 

A handful of LBs tested also really well recently, which obviously we should be deeply interested in. 

LB Pete Werner

Height: 6'3″ (84th percentile)
Weight: 238 (54th)
Arm: 33 1/4 (83rd)
Hand: 9 (12th)
Vertical: 40 (95th)
Broad: 122 (79th)
40-yard: 4.52 (90th)
Short shuttle: 4.38 (31st)
3-cone: 6.95 (77th)

LB Baron Browning

Height: 6'3″ (82nd percentile)
Weight: 245 (80th)
Arm: 33 1/2 (91st)
Hand: 9 7/8 (71st)
Vertical: 40 (96th)
Broad: 130 (98th)
Bench: 23 reps (64th)
40-yard: 4.51 (92nd)
Short shuttle: 4.23 (70th)
3-cone: 6.78 (94th)

LB Buddy Johnson

Height: 6'0″ (14th percentile)
Weight: 229 (19th)
Arm: 31 1/2 (28th)
Hand: 9 7/8 (71st)
Vertical: 39 (90th)
Broad: 128 (96th)
40-yard: 4.57 (80th)
Short shuttle: 4.03 (96th)
3-cone: 7.04 (62nd)

• Like 1

I’ll say this, if Fields makes it past the Niners and I’m Mayhew, I’m going up to get him. The defense is only going to get better as it’s built and we’ve added weapons so eventually we’re going to have to pay the piper to get a QB. I wouldn’t do the Niner deal but I’d give up Pick 19, next years first, a second and a third. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ll say this, if Fields makes it past the Niners and I’m Mayhew, I’m going up to get him. The defense is only going to get better as it’s built and we’ve added weapons so eventually we’re going to have to pay the piper to get a QB. I wouldn’t do the Niner deal but I’d give up Pick 19, next years first, a second and a third. 

So then you have Detroit at 7. They could pick him. So we jump to 6 or trade with Detroit. I think we get outbid ! Not sure your offer flys. or flies. I mean that's a big move , what 13, 14 spots . 

Edited by RSkinGM

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I would not trade up for any QB except Lawrence in the 1st.

I would trade up for Kyle Pitts, however. He's going to be stud.

But I'd prefer us to sit tight @19 and see who drops to us.

I would absolutely select K. Mond in the 2nd Rd, if he's there.

Who is there to sit tight at 19 for? I mean, Darrisaw I’d be happy with but I don’t believe a talented LT is dropping that far. Ideally the team keeps getting better which either puts us back in this same situation next year or we end up even further down the draft board. I’m not even sure JOK or Zaven Collins will be there. 19 is just a bad spot for a team with our needs. So yes, I’d move up for a QB.

There’s a part of me that believes Mond might even end up in the back end of the first round. Some team will trade up to get him late first so they get his 5th year option. 

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You are likely having to do better than the Niners deal because you are trading up from 19->4 or at worst 19->7

Niners only went 9 spots 12->3.  We might have to move 15.  

This is the problem.  Massive commitment.  Huge huge risk.

Probably a non issue because Atlanta will likely take a qb. 

This is going to be the biggest bust draft of all time.   There will likely be 4 qbs in the top 4 picks and be 5 qbs taken in the first 7 picks.  Has that ever happened?  You can bet that at least 3 will fail to meet draft expectations.

• Like 1