2021 NFL Draft Thread

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is why I won’t be shocked when Mac goes at third. Former QBs and people who really just study the position keep placing him ahead of Fields. Also, to @ripsean21credit this is another guy that has Mond above Fields and I believe Lance.

I really do like Trey Lance and Justin Fields but I think draft day is going to look totally different for QBs than what you’re seeing in mock drafts. NFL teams are doing exactly what guys like O’Sullivan and Simms are doing and that’s studying every ounce of film on these guys. At this point I wouldn’t be blown away if Fields was on the board at 19 and we picked someone else. 

Dude Mond has done countless interviews and he just talks about changing the culture there and I’m over here like that guy is what we need on and off the field. He maybe isn’t the most flashy athlete but he is the perfect blend of everything you want from that position. But I respect that guy a lot I watch his breakdowns and compare notes. He tends to find plays negatively that I always note when I do my lists and he’s a really good scout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

This is why I won’t be shocked when Mac goes at third. Former QBs and people who really just study the position keep placing him ahead of Fields. Also, to @ripsean21credit this is another guy that has Mond above Fields and I believe Lance.

I really do like Trey Lance and Justin Fields but I think draft day is going to look totally different for QBs than what you’re seeing in mock drafts. NFL teams are doing exactly what guys like O’Sullivan and Simms are doing and that’s studying every ounce of film on these guys. At this point I wouldn’t be blown away if Fields was on the board at 19 and we picked someone else. 

It’s actually an April Fool’s joke, he’s largely mocking Chris Simms for being a ******, so those rankings are actually Simms’s — the one who did have Mond above Fields and Lance. 

That said, we’ve seen in the past that while Simms is a clown, he’s actually been quite successful at ranking the QBs. Probably the best track record over the last 3 seasons. So while I enjoy laughing at him, I’m also secretly giving what he says some meaningful weight. It’s leading me to believe that we should probably sit out the non-Lawrence/Wilson QB chase — just so much bust potential in all 3 of those guys. If they love Mond (which nothing I’ve heard suggests that they do), maybe that’s the move in a later round. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, e16bball said:

It’s actually an April Fool’s joke, he’s largely mocking Chris Simms for being a ******, so those rankings are actually Simms’s — the one who did have Mond above Fields and Lance. 

That said, we’ve seen in the past that while Simms is a clown, he’s actually been quite successful at ranking the QBs. Probably the best track record over the last 3 seasons. So while I enjoy laughing at him, I’m also secretly giving what he says some meaningful weight. It’s leading me to believe that we should probably sit out the non-Lawrence/Wilson QB chase — just so much bust potential in all 3 of those guys. If they love Mond (which nothing I’ve heard suggests that they do), maybe that’s the move in a later round. 

Ahh I stopped at his rankings lol. I still think there’s smoke around Fields dropping. People freaked out when Gil Brandt posted that fourth round stuff on twitter but he knows a ton of people around the NFL. I stand by my belief Mac Jones is going third and I think someone will move up with the Falcons for Lance because I believe they’ll look for defensive help. I like Mond a bit but I think he’s being artificially pushed to the top of the draft by draftniks who overvalue the QB position and by team needs. I still think there’s a chance he’s sitting there in the third when we pick. 

And I agree. I’ve heard nothing of them being interested in Mond. Keim keeps bringing up Trask and it’s been gaining some steam but I’m not exactly sure what he adds over what we have already? I’d love to get Fields but I badly want JOK on this team. He won’t be there when we pick in the second and I’d hate to miss out on him thinking we can get him later. It would certainly be nice to add JOK and Jabril Cox to those defense. 

PS

Thanks for making me feel dumb E lmao 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sean Taylor BD was this past Thursday. Happy belated BD Sean. WFT needs to retire Sean number. Now I know some will say he could have what ifs etc but he was entering his prime. He had that mean mentality just like Kenny Houston who is another one come to think of it needs have his number retired also alone with 42 and 09.  RIP Sean

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

PS

Thanks for making me feel dumb E lmao 

😂 that’s what we’re here for, to love and to clown to each other whenever we get the chance!

I agree with much of your take. I think I agree that Jones is the most likely pick at 3 — if that’s who Kyle wants, that’s who it will be. 

It will be really interesting then to see what happens with the Falcons at 4. That’s the real intrigue for me. They have a future QB need, as Matt Ryan is getting shockingly old (I say as he’s less than a month older than me) and he’s clearly taking a step back. And there just so happens to be a local kid with all the talent in the world on the board. If they don’t take Fields, that will be an indication to me that at least some of the league is legitimately sour on him. And then all bets are off. 

It’s a weird feeling, because I don’t want to give up a ton to move up for him, even though I think there’s a lot to like with him. And I think it would be likely be a worthwhile gamble to draft him, because you just can’t teach those physical tools. But at the same time, if he fell to us and we took him at 19 — which seems like a dream scenario — I’d be scared to death. Because that would mean that in addition to the top 3 QB-desperate teams choosing other guys over him, he was also on the board for ATL, PHI, DET, CAR, DEN, and NE, all with varying levels of need for a franchise QB, and they all chose to go a different direction. It would be very concerning if every single one of them decided to pass. So that’s really a catch-22 of football fan suffering right there — would like to draft him, but don’t really want to trade up for him and also wouldn’t really want to take him anymore if he made it to our natural pick 😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Sean Taylor BD was this past Thursday. Happy belated BD Sean. WFT needs to retire Sean number. Now I know some will say he could have what ifs etc but he was entering his prime. He had that mean mentality just like Kenny Houston who is another one come to think of it needs have his number retired also alone with 42 and 09.  RIP Sean

The team doesn’t retire numbers but, Sean’s # is essentially retired bc they’ll never give it out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

There’s talk Atlanta wants to trade back from their 4th pick. Are we interested? Compensation? 
Coincidentally that was the trade up in the draft we do here in the forum. 

I wanted to sit at 19, but with this Brandon Scherff situation?

I believe this team needs to consider trading Scherff.

#4 would be a sweet spot, giving us lots of options.

Trade Scherff, our #19 pick? Would that be enough, not enough? I don't know, because I don't know the value of Scherff.

It teams look at Scherff as an All-Pro guard (which he earned this title this yr) & one of the best in the league? It's certainly enough, if not too much to give up for Atlanta's #4 pick.

If teams look at Scherff as a overrated & often injured Guard? Then #19 & him is not nearly enough for the #4 pick.

But I would certainly try.

#4 would certainly give us lots of options.

1)We could trade back down & accumulate more picks. (Which I would consider)

2)Take the top QB, or player on the board. (Most likely)

3)Try to trade up further (I would jump off a bridge)

1 & 2 would be acceptable....