Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

100% this

While I am loving Josh Allen on the Bills, I am terrified of the concept of paying him if he sits in that like 6th-12th best QB range come contract time

As opposed to waiting another 20+ years to finally find a QB worth a damn sinceĀ Jim Kelly?

I love how everyone assumes real FQB ( yes there is more then 2 in the NFL Rodgers/Mahomes) grow on trees. Let's just swap them out like underwear every few years because the next one we draft , I guarantee wont be a bust, we won't skip as beat! šŸ‘Œ

It's not about "Paying a FQB" , it's about what your FO did or didn't do for the 5 years he was on hisĀ Rookie contract to surround him with the proper supporting cast for when he does get paid.

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Cheap tds have to be considered in context of how a qb plays. Again no shade, Mahomes has the most low effort tds. You have to acknowledge that. Obviously, the object is to score and win and KC by design is amazing at it. But can't use those low effort scores to prop up a QB's play. He had 2 today, 2 vs NE, 1 vs Balt. I'm sure im missing others.Ā 

Oh, you lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Nu uh. If they have the chance to go up 15 against the Ravens or Steelers, they take it. They are trying to get their offense some rhythmĀ reps against soft opposition.

Well I was trying to be nice.Ā 
Ā 

Mahomes vs Reid battle when it comes to destroying your opponent. He doesnā€™t like to let anybody off the hook. Thatā€™s how miracle comebacks happenĀ 

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

If they were all just counted as rushing TDs, all that changes is the stat tally. Doesn't actually change him being the best QB in the NFL. Who cares about the accounting aspect of it?

But again, I see no bigger issue with those being counted as passing TDs than the Peyton Broncos pick plays and WR screens, for instance. It's just a stat. It doesn't actually matter one way or the other to how good of a football player he is. It's not like anyone is saying Mahomes is elite because he throws so many TDs, and only because of that.

This.Ā  I think most of us are capable of judging players by more than just box scores.Ā  So who cares if a play gets called a passing td when it was easy.Ā