Chargers Trade DB Desmond King to the Titans

Blackstar12

4 minutes ago, AirMcNair said:

let’s gooooooo. hopefully will help us with our laughably bad corner group

What happened? I thought Adoree Jackson was turning a corner (no pun intended) and Malcolm Butler was always steady... Why is Jonathan Joseph getting so much run? Injuries?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

What happened? I thought Adoree Jackson was turning a corner (no pun intended) and Malcolm Butler was always steady... Why is Jonathan Joseph getting so much run? Injuries?

Yeah.  Jackson hasn't played yet this season and Kristian Fulton was injured last week.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Butler is steady but not a #1 and Fulton has been in and out of the lineup with injury. Adoree hasn’t played yet this year. 

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

injuries. butler is the only CB with a pulse who is active right now. the passing charts for opposing QBs our last two games are pretty hilarious actually. just a massive concentration of green dots wherever butler isn't playing lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I still have no idea why King was in the doghouse. He played well when he was in. Makes no fk sense. Could of used him yesterday over guys i never even heard of.

His play dropped off badly enough in 2019 that they replaced him with Chris Harris this offseason. Throw in the always being late issue and his tweets earlier, it was probably the last straw. He ended up not playing Sunday because he was late again on Saturday.

Edited by Xenos

As a Chargers fan, I’ll tell you our front office is a joke. They should have traded him in the off season when he had value instead of benching him, publicly letting it be known he was in the doghouse and basically cratering his stock.
That being said, King is being wildly overrated here.  He had his soul taken in that New England playoff game 2019.  They targeted him relentlessly and had a field day.  I honestly didn’t think he was the same after that. I don’t know if he lost confidence or they just exposed a weakness but he really hasn’t been good since.  For Tennessee a sixth is definitely worth a gamble to see if he can still produce.  For the Chargers, I’ll assume (because they let everyone know he was available) that they got the best offer they could and cut ties with a player that was out the door anyway