Best WR in Football

Chiefer

It’s gotta be Tyreek Hill right?

Route-Running? Check

Hands? Check

Speed? Check

Strong? Pound-for-pound, Check

Current leader in reception yards. You cannot leave him alone on an island unless you’ve got Jalen Ramsey, and he’s still gonna have a solid day. 

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

It’s gotta be Tyreek Hill right?

Route-Running? Check

Hands? Check

Speed? Check

Strong? Pound-for-pound, Check

Current leader in reception yards. You cannot leave him alone on an island unless you’ve got Jalen Ramsey, and he’s still gonna have a solid day. 

so far this year, DHop was the best, then Keenan Allen, then Davante Adams and now Tyreek Hill. What this tells me is that there is no clear cut best WR. Theres a handful of guys that are so close skill wise that any hot stretch will make someone say ____ is the best. On top of that, theres another handful of young guys that are in their 2nd or 3rd years that are going to be nipping on the aforementioned groups heels sooner rather than later. 

• Like 5

It's crazy that the Chiefs got both Mahomes and Hill.  Their skill-sets align so perfectly, like I hate to call it luck because obviously the Chiefs did their job scouting and stuff... but damn.  One of the greatest deep passers we've ever seen and undoubtedly the best downfield threat this side of Randy Moss.  

I don't know if Hill is the best overall WR, but I think he opens up his teams offense better than anyone else.  Granted he benefits from having a quarterback capable of consistently getting it to him downfield, but even when Hill isn't having a highly productive day, his presence is still a problem for defenses.  You just can't risk him getting manned up with your CB 1v1 downfield.  

I get why they did it, but I wish he still returned punts and kicks.  Hill is just too good at it that I would at least let him get 1 or 2 returns a game.

• Like 5

If you ask for the best WR, i'd give the edge slightly to Hopkins. After him you got guys like Tyreek, Adams, Thomas. But if it's about the best player of them, then i think it's Tyreek, because he's a game changer on so many levels and he can score from any position.

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It's crazy that the Chiefs got both Mahomes and Hill.  Their skill-sets align so perfectly, like I hate to call it luck because obviously the Chiefs did their job scouting and stuff... but damn.  One of the greatest deep passers we've ever seen and undoubtedly the best downfield threat this side of Randy Moss.  

I don't know if Hill is the best overall WR, but I think he opens up his teams offense better than anyone else.  Granted he benefits from having a quarterback capable of consistently getting it to him downfield, but even when Hill isn't having a highly productive day, his presence is still a problem for defenses.  You just can't risk him getting manned up with your CB 1v1 downfield.  

I get why they did it, but I wish he still returned punts and kicks.  Hill is just too good at it that I would at least let him get 1 or 2 returns a game.

yeah i think more than anyone under consideration for best WR in the league, hill is matched perfectly to andy reid's offense and patrick mahomes' skillset. it's a pretty unstoppable combination. in a vacuum though, i don't think i'd call him the clear-cut #1 receiver in the NFL. don't get me wrong, he's certainly in the running, but there's just a ton of talent at the top end of that position.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If you can have any WR on your team right now, you choose Hopkins. It's hard to listen to another argument personally.

Reek is great. Reek is accumulating yards like crazy. He's GREAT.

But he's not Hopkins

Reek, Reek, it rhymes with Streak (routes)

• Like 1

I'm still a huge fan of Deandre Hopkins. Whether or not the production matches it at a particular point in time, his overall skillset just seems so complete compared to most other guys. Those who think Hill is just speed underrate his versatility and how he's developed as a receiver, but there are still routes that wouldn't strike me as the right thing to run with Hill. He's got decent strength, bulk, and leaping ability, but he's still not the guy you want running a fade, or trying to box out a defender on a slant or something on the goal line. I still haven't seen Thomas prove it as a deep threat, Jones is probably on the downward half of his career now, and Adams is incredibly polished and well-rounded, but doesn't stand out to me as dominant in any physical trait. Hopkins is the guy I feel has it all from a tools perspective. Hands, catch radius, route running, YAC, the speed to outrun, the vertical to outleap, and the polish to put it all together. I think it's honestly a travesty that he won't get to play with a post-BOB, prime Deshaun Watson. The same production potential isn't there yet for him with Kyler Murray, and I'm not sure it ever will be.

Hill would probably be #2 for me, though.