2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, GW21 said:

Good call, I hadn't noticed that before. I wasn't calling you out before, but honestly never noticed that. It seemed to me that Peter King was the guy that was plugged into our FO previously. 

King certainly was and always predicted the Niners picks correctly...Or most of them. 

King admitted though I believe he's not as plugged in with the Niners anymore. Though I'm sure he has some sources there still. 

Just now, 757-NINER said:

For a starting caliber CB, that is peanuts.

Verrett has a pretty sizable asterisk next to his name, so he was never going to command top money even if he played like it.

This deal is the same as the Jeff Wilson deal - go out and prove it on the field in 2021 and you'll get your money next offseason.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Verrett has a pretty sizable asterisk next to his name, so he was never going to command top money even if he played like it.

This deal is the same as the Jeff Wilson deal - go out and prove it on the field in 2021 and you'll get your money next offseason.

I thought he would get at the least 8 mil from a CB needy team. 5 million, even with the injury history is absolute steal imo. Especially coming off the season he just had. 

• Like 1

Happy to bring Verett back. Now we have our two starters in Moseley & Verett. I have to imagine we'll plug in nickel CB with a guy like Justin Coleman or Brian Poole, if we can't re-sign K'Waun. 

Regime sticking to its past habits with the Secondary. Bargain bin FA's so far. They also like using 3rd-5th round picks on DB's (Tarvarius Moore, Akhello Witherspoon, DJ Reed) so thats where i see us adding DB talent in 2021. Definitely a CB, maybe a S.

Just now, John232 said:

Awesome deal, still won’t prevent us from going corner round 1 either.

I'm still 50/50 there. Big Horn guy and I like Farley, even though he is raw and has things to work on. But I actually like he doesn't have much corner experience since the potential for his growth is out of this world. There is a little risk there. Surtain is as sure bet as any corner to come in recent memory. Who knows about his ceiling but he's going to be rock solid from day one. 

But I really want an edge rusher. So either position in the first work for me. 

• Like 1